Chapter 18

It was black. With red... and green lines dancing across Cath's vision. It was like the northern lights, but darker; more evil. She tried to get up but it wasn't working, then she realized she had to open her eyes. It took effort and time, all she wanted to do was just to sleep and never get up again. But then she thought about Jest and how he was coming back. How there was still a point in living. How Mary Ann would be devastated. Cath pushed herself to slowly open her eyes, and peel them open like a banana that wasn't ready to be peeled. (Don't judge me I just ate a banana... with Nutella) 

When Catherine opened her eyes she saw light, the light of the day and could already sense his presence. She knew it was going to end well, that everything would be alright. And if it wasn't; she had nothing to lose.

Her shoulder's felt compressed and her head felt like it was about to pop. She pushed herself to get up on her legs but decided it was to difficult so just ended up sitting. She pushed away the dizziness that came to her head and forced herself to look around.

It was... white. Everything was white, but she blinked the whiteness away. She was laying in her room. There was no Jabberwocky, no Windstorm. It was just all... a dream. It was all a dream. 

Cath laid back down, making sure that no one was around to see her in this state. She already knew what she looked like. Blood red eyes, Hair stuck up in a bun, plus today there were scratches down the side of her arm.

It took a couple hours to give up. She couldn't sleep anymore. It was like every time she closed her eyes, she saw the jabberwocky about to attack her. About to attack the lion who sacrificed himself. About to attack... Jest. She hadn't thought about if he was okay, or if he was on his way, or if he was still dead and the plan didn't work. If she was back surely Mary Ann would have told her about the good news. Or maybe she just didn't want to wake Cath up.

Or maybe she never came back.

No, she would not think of it like that. She woke up this morning with happy thoughts. She would think of what made her happy. But the truth was, she didn't know what it was like to feel happy anymore. What was happy? Baking? Or maybe happy is just an influence of your mind. You're only happy when you think you're happy, and you just have to believe in happiness. Cath didn't. Or maybe she's just waiting for happiness to come to her. 

She would never know because there were two loud bangs on the door. Sharp and clear. Normally people would lightly tap her door and if she didn't answer; walk away. Cath got up and walked toward the door. It took all her energy, but it was worth it.

She opened the door, and Mary Ann was standing there. Her face was filled with bitterness, confusion, and worry.

"Cath- Cath, I'm so so sorry. I don't know what happened, I'm just- I'm sorry." Mary Ann processed that Cath knew absolutely nothing about what was happening. She took a deep breath and tried again "We just- we have a problem."

I know this chapter was short and you guys probably hate me for the cliffhanger, but I POSTED IN TIME THIS TIME. It was one of the first times in a while! Anyways, comment what you think and what your reaction was. BYYYYYYYE!