Chapter 19

It was like his death all over again. Waiting for someone to tell Cath it was a joke. Waiting for someone to tell Cath that it's not as bad as you imagined it to be. Waiting for Mary Ann to tell her not what she thinks it was about.

"It's about him," Mary Ann whispered.

No. It couldn't be, Cath would not go through the same thing all over again. She wouldn't spend all those years trying to recover. Trying to hang on to the thread of hope just for it to be snapped. It snapped right in half and there was no sewing it back together. Cath's end of the thread was already falling to its death. Falling to the floor, where when the thread hits it everything will be lost. All purpose, all meaning, all hope. It would all be lost. And Cath was getting way to close to the floor.

Her knee's failed her; causing her to be a wobbly mess. She didn't even know what happened but she wasn't sure she wanted to. Her mind was just blank. A white wall protecting all those death threatening thoughts from coming into her mind; protecting her from all the things that would harm her. But the white wall was slowly weakening and letting everything overflow.

"Let's go," Mary Ann said as she took Cath by the arm; practically dragging her to the carriages.

Everything was a blur; like in the movies. All Cath could see was a bunch of colors all so right and fun, blending in to make a dark hideous color. It was too much, too much of every color, too much stress, too much anxiety of what is going to happen next.

It felt like forever. She just wanted to get there; to the hostpital to see him. Just to see his face, even if it was damaged Cath didn't even know what happened to him.

Finally, finally they arrived, but Cath didn't get up. She didn't move a muscle. She just let Mary Ann drag her to the building, to the office, to the room where she got x-rayed.

Just to plop her down on the couch and say, "I'm sorry, I did everything I could. Sturgery, medication, everything. I don't think he'll make it through the night."

And then, Cath's end of the thread
h i t
t h e  
f l o o r

Imma be honest. I was kinda putting off this chapter. But here it is I guess. I'm sure you all hate me so I'm gonna go hide. Bye!

After I finish this story should I revamp it and pay close attention to the details? If I did revamp it it would be small things like making Raven rhyme and make it less modernized (is that a word?) anyways. Leave a comment or message me :)