Panic

Kane's POV

I'd been working my ass off lately. I hadn't wanted to let my fans down so my team and I agreed we'd add some shows onto the already busy tour. We were trying to squeeze shows in wherever we could along with extra practices for the band and interviews. The whole thing made my head spin 'round.

I sat in the booth of the tour bus, rocking as the bus lurched over the potholes and cracks in the road. Yanking my phone from my pocket, I clicked the lock-button and stared as the clock read 4:48 am. So much for sleep, again. Sighing, I buried my face in my hands and rubbed it while trying to convince myself that the stress and sleepless nights will be worth it 'cuz my fans will get to see me preform for them.

Knowing we'd be pulling into the next city in a few hours and have to start setting up, I grabbed a redbull and sat back down. I mindlessly scrolled through my phone until one headline caught my exhausted eyes. "Kane Brown Adds Extra Shows for Bigger Bucks".

These people gotta be kidding me. I had even posted on all my social media pages that I had added the extra shows 'cuz all the shows were sold out and there were still fans who wanted to see me preform their favorite songs. Getting annoyed with the article the more I read, I locked my phone and went back to lay down. My redbull wouldn't cut it. I needed sleep, but that article stuck with me and wouldn't let me sleep.

*Later at the show*

I could hear the fans cheering and chanting as I slipped on my jacket and got my mic checked for the third time in the past hour. The crowd sounded awake and I was jealous of that. I hadn't had much energy in rehearsals earlier, but after another redbull and hearing my fans pile in, I felt more awake. Kinda jittery too but I shook that off as my nerves that I always got before shows.

I got the "go" sign from the stage manager and put in my ear piece as I headed out on stage. I got out there and felt my jitters get worse but figured it was just all the caffeine I'd practically chugged. I started off the show with Rockstars followed by Lose It. It was getting hard to breathe and by the second verse of Lose It, I felt like I was gonna lose somethin'.

I was sweating so I took off my jacket, but it didn't relieve the feeling. Maybe I was coming down with something. As we started into Used to Love You Sober, my throat went dry. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears over the music and the screams. I felt a sudden wave of dizziness and tried pushing through. Something wasn't right an I saw some of the crew members looking at me from off stage. I looked at the band who was also staring at me. I realized I'd stopped singing.

All I could hear was my heartbeat. All I could see were the blinding stage lights. I felt like my legs would give out. I couldn't breathe. What the hell was happening?

I ran.

I nearly plowed over the stage crew like a reaper in a field. Everyone was calling my name but I kept going. I needed air. I couldn't breathe and felt like I was seeing spots. I couldn't pass out. I didn't wanna. I found a back exit and crashed right through the door and into the back loading docks and fresh air. I crumbled to the floor, gasping for air to help me catch my breath.

There was a set of hands on me a moment later and I fought to get out of their grasp. I spun around only to have the soles of my boots slip and send me tumbling to the ground again. I came face-to-face with a handful of my crew there. I laid there on my back, trying to catch my breath and letting one of them untangle me from my mic.

"What happened?" I breathed

"You ran off stage and crashed through the back exit. Just stay there, Kane. We've got an ambulance coming to check you out." the stage manager answered.

I couldn't wrap my head around what had just happened. What the hell happened? All I could do to respond what nod my head as I struggled to breathe and felt hot tears sting my eyes. What the hell happened?

--------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed reading this, but still, poor Kane. I'll update soon