Mass Media

Kane's POV

It's only been two days but the news spread like wildfire and the media was having a field day. "Rising Country Star Runs Off Stage", "Kane Brown Runs Out On Fans", "Kane Brown Meltdown", "Kane Brown Drug Addict?", "Mentally Unstable?", "Career Ending Move By Kane Brown", "Country Top Charter Diva Moment". They were everywhere. Every conspiracy theory someone could come up with, they took and ran with it. It was all over the news and talk shows. My phone was blowing up with messages from people trying to find out what happened. Magazines and paparazzi had followed us to the hospital and back to the tour bus.

After I ran off stage, the stage manager ended the concert. When the ambulance had gotten to the stadium, I was taken to the hospital where they told me it was a stress induced panic attack. I never had a panic attack before that day. They said I needed to take time off and get some rest. But I couldn't sleep. I had shows to do. I cant let my fans down. My manager and team had called a meeting and decided that I would disappear for a while until I had my stress managed. They gave the fans back their money for their tickets an' it killed me to let them down.

I had insisted that I do the rest of the shows but that was impossible in my state. I agreed to take time off if I chose where I'd be. Northwest Georgia. I figured I could use the time off to work on new songs. Once I'd landed, the first person to greet me was my mom. I kept my hat pulled down low as we made our way to the car.

Mama and I climbed in and the minute the door closed, I was a mess. I told her what had happened an' she comforted me like she had when I was little. I leaned on her for support as the car took off, taking us to the place I'd be hiding out at. I felt sick again an' like my chest was tightening up. Mama kissed my head as I closed my eyes and made an effort to hold it together around her.

Dammit. I hate these panic attacks.