Georgia Runaway

Kane's POV
When we arrived, Mama looked around and kept saying how beautiful the house was. She went off to see each room, fully furnished thanks to my manager ordering that the record label have it prepared. There were seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms. The kitchen was all new appliances and had a large island to eat at. There were two living rooms and one sunroom with a piano and instruments. I already had plans for that room. The weight room looked promising. Just off the sunroom was a large enclosed backyard. There was a stone porch with a fire pit, and just beyond that there was a garden full of trees, plants, and an assortment of flowers.

I was unloading the suitcases when a white car pulled up through the tree line that hid the house from view. My publicist stepped out along with a number of other people from our team. We sat down in the dinning room and Mama brought in a pitcher of water as we talked.

After two long and frustrating hours, they left. Mama came over to where I sat still at the table. I hadn't bothered to show them out. My head was hurtin' too much after that meeting. Mama wrapped an arm around me and hugged me. At least I had her here and that was a comfort.

While she went to go lay down, I found the sunroom and some paper. I sat in one of the chairs and rested my elbows on my knees, closing my eyes as I took a deep breath. You can do this Kane. Breathe and think of a song.

I'd scrabble down ideas only to crumple up the paper and toss it to the side. I'd plunk away at the piano but nothin' sounded right. The strings on the guitar weren't playing the notes in any significant order to me. I passed around the room and laid upside down on the couch thinking it'd get the blood flowing to my brain and maybe some ideas with it.

I felt trapped in my head. I needed to drive. Mama had gone to unpack an hour ago so I grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter and called up to her that I was going for a drive to relax. She called back to be safe and that she loved me.

I got in my 1968 Camaro and took off. I tossed my phone onto the passenger seat and turned up the radio. I cruised down streets that I ran around on as a kid. This was my home town. This is what I wanted to share with my fans. That hometown country feel. I felt my chest tightening and a wave of panic hit me. I drove faster, trying to get away from the miserable feeling. Didn't care where I was headed. I needed to get away from the panic. From the idea of letting my fans down. But it all kept coming back.

So I drove.

----------------
Author note: thanks so much for reading! I'll update again soon!