Radiator

Kane's POV
I was cruising down the back roads of Northwest Georgia in my 1968 Camaro, just takin' it easy. My panic had calmed a while ago but I liked it out here. Just me and the road. Radio cranked up, windows down.

The sun was just about to start dipping down when I decided to head back to the house. I'd been out driving for a while now and Mama was probably getting worried. As I followed the curve of the road, I saw a green truck up ahead on the side of the road. The hood was popped an' steam poured out. The driver door was open and someone was laying across the seats.

I pulled up behind them and hopped out, praying this person wouldn't flip over who I am. As I got closer, I could see strawberry blonde hair peakin' out the driver door on the seat. Her boots hung out the passenger window. I leaned against the cab and put a hand on her door. Her eyes fluttered open to show her green eyes.  She scrunched her face up as the sunlight poured over my shoulder hitting her face.

"Having some trouble with your truck?" I asked
"My radiator overheated. Was waitin' for it to cool off." She said with an adorable accent
"Mind if I take a look?" I asked
"If you wanna but I can handle it." She said

She sat up and climbed out as I walked to the front and lifted the rusty hood. A cloud of steam engulfed me and drifted off in the wind. She came over to me with a rag and an almost empty bottle of coolant. I took the cap off carefully and looked at where the level was for her coolant. She added what was left in her bottle and it just made the minimum mark. I put the cap on and jumped when she slammed the hood closed.

"I could'a gotten it myself." She smiled
"I dunno. That was on pretty tight." I said
"I would'a managed." She smirked
"Make sure you put more in there. That won't last you long. I can follow you and make sure you get to a store..."I said
"Thanks Tattoos but I'll be alright." She said

She climbed into the cab and closed the door. She put on her hat and started it up. I watched her take off before I climbed back into my car and headed back to our new house.

Mama was worried sick. She said that she'd tried calling me but my phone was dead. After her lecture, she shooed me to clean up before dinner because I was dirty from helping that girl with her truck. I showered and came down for dinner.

"Where on earth did you go to for four hours? I was worried!" Mama said passing the potatoes
"Sorry, mom. I was enjoying the weather and the roads and I stopped to help a girl stuck on the side of the road. Her radiator caused her truck to overheat." I explained
"Well that was nice of you." Mama smiled
"Guess you raised me well." I smiled
"You bet your biscuits I did. Now hand me those greenbeans." Mama smiled