{09}

( OLIVIA )

( OLIVIA )

HOGWARTS
SEPTEMBER, 2015

    Her heart was beating a mile a minute. Fire surrounded her. The anger she once felt melted away into terror. "Mummy!" Her voice sounded small and far away. Flames licked the walls and floors, crawling up the house. "Mummy!" The little blonde haired girl couldn't see anything through the smoke that encased the room, traveling into her lungs. She tried to cough it out, but to no avail. "Mummy...." Olivia whimpered.

    Arms wrapped around her waist, ripping her from the room. She couldn't make out another noise as smoke wrapped around her lungs. All she smelt was smoke. Even outside, where she now laid on the grass far from the burning house, she only smelt the smoke.

    She could distantly hear firefighters and police officers. "Sir, you can't go in there."

    "My wife is in there!"

    "We know sir, we are trying all we can. You need to get away from the house."

    "Dad..." Olivia whimpered. She heard running before a hand started to run through her hair. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Her dad rubbed her back before she was being set onto a stretcher.

    "Don't worry honey, calm down, breathe." The voice faded from the deep voice into a softer one, one with a higher voice. "Just breathe Liv, breathe."

    She woke up crying in Emery's arms.

    "It's okay Liv, just breathe, you are okay. Breathe." She couldn't hear her own voice, already recognizing that Emery put on a silencing charm. "You're okay, we are all okay, it's okay. Just breathe Livvy." Emery reached down and wiped the tears from her cheeks, holding her tightly. "You didn't do anything, Olivia, it was not your fault. It will never be your fault."

    Olivia knew when Emery fell asleep. Her grip went lack, slowly freeing the blonde. Tears stained her shirt as they stained Olivia's cheeks. Olivia slowly moved out of Emery's arms, pulling a blanket around the sleeping Ravenclaw, before going down to the common room. Olivia always liked the Ravenclaw common room. The stars that were painted on the ceiling, looking all too real, the comfy seating that was perfect to read a good book on, the walls of books of all genres taunting students to read when they should be doing homework or studying. There were several seats, all in different places and positions for what that certain Ravenclaw enjoyed the most. Olivia's favorite was by the window.

    The Ravenclaw common room overlooked the school grounds, the Quidditch pitch, the lake, and even the Forbidden Forest that never stayed very forbidden during the school year. Everyday something looked different, even if it was minuscule and impossible for the naked eye to see, something was different.

    Olivia felt the same way. Even if she couldn't feel it, and other people couldn't see it, she was different. Impossible to notice until it's too late to go back to how things used to be. Too late to travel back in time and change the possibilities. Too late to truly do anything; but maybe that's how it was supposed to be.