{35}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
MAY, 2016

    Everything came crashing down on her all at once. Ever since that night everything kind of felt a little suffocating. She tried to look for Nathan, but he was never there. All she saw was Iain and she didn't know how to feel anymore.

    "Can you just leave me alone for five minutes!" Emery was pacing around her dormitory while everyone was down at dinner. "I need to think."

    "Let me help then. I thought we were supposed to be a team. Do you want to be alone again?"

    "For five fucking minutes! Please Iain, I just, I'm so stressed out with this and exams and my friends. Just... give me some space." Emery hoped that he would leave, but he only came closer. "Get out of my head."

     "Emery, I just don't want to be alone anymore, please." Emery told herself to not look into his eyes, but she couldn't help it. Tears were gathering into his eyes and Emery felt her resolve weakening. "I've been so lonely and I feel like I'm going insane."

    "I guess that makes two of us. Can you tell me something you remember from our childhood? Anything, please Iain, anything."

     "That's the problem Em. I have been so alone with only my thoughts for so long and everything is floating away. Let's create new memories, just you and me. Please Em, just bring me back." Emery felt herself fall apart, and almost like she wasn't in control of her body, she nodded. She didn't even feel the blood trickling out of her nose. 

( BRETT )

( BRETT )

HOGWARTS
MAY, 2016

    "I fucked up really bad Teddy." The two sat up in the astronomy tower. Brett knew that Teddy wouldn't agree with sitting on the castle roof so he figured this was the closest that they were going to get to that. He had been thinking over Olivia's question a lot but he wasn't having much luck in being able to answer it; but then he got some news from the girl he had a moment with on the night of the party. "During the party I got wasted and I couldn't remember a bunch. I know that Eva Roberts and I danced, then made out, then we had sex."

    "Why are you telling me this? It had been three months since the party." Brett got out a pack of cigarettes that Olivia gave him and lit one. He knew it wasn't a very healthy habit, but Brett would sometimes go to cigarettes when he really wanted a drink. It's not as bad and he doesn't smoke too much, but Brett still saw Teddy wrinkle his nose at the sight of it.

    "Eva talked to me today. She's pregnant." Brett took a long drag from the cigarette and he took a look at Teddy who sat there with a stunned expression. "I don't know what to do."

    It was kind of a lie. He wanted to be there for his child, and for Eva. They didn't talk a lot, not really at all. He told her that he would be there, and he wanted to help take care of the kid. He didn't know if he wanted a relationship with her though, but what else could he do?

    "Do you want the kid?"

    "More than anything."

    "Do you want to be with Eva?" Brett took another drag from the cigarette and let his head fall against the wall. He was just glad that this was both of their last years at Hogwarts.

    "I don't even know her." What do you want Brett? The words echoed in his head and he knew now. "I want to be in my child's life. I want to be there. I want to be the best dad I can be and I don't want them worrying about how many drinks I had that night. I'm not going to drink anymore, and now I have a strong reason. I'm doing this for my child." He looked over to Teddy with a smile slowly covering his face. "Holy shit, I'm gonna have a kid."

    "Holy shit indeed."

Okay, this sounds kinda cliche and like I just pulled it out of nowhere but I did have this planned for awhile. Plus, Brett with a kid is just adorable. You won't see Brett with a baby because the baby technically won't even be born for six more months. BUT, I do plan to show some of the kid and Brett and stuff in the epilogue which will basically be a 'five years later' sort of thing. 

Thanks

-April