{36}

( HAYDEN )

( HAYDEN )

CAMPING
MAY, 2016

    It was a mutual decision from all of them. One last thing they all needed to do before they all left Hogwarts. It had been decided that during Easter Holidays ( that had landed in May that year ) they would all go over to the Potters' before going out to the lake for camping. At first it was just going to be the five going but they all agreed that Olivia and Emery should come too.

    By the end of it, they all agreed that the boys will share a tent, Olivia and Emery will share a tent, and then Ashley and Hayden will share a tent.

    They drove a car to the spot, since Olivia and Emery couldn't apparate, and they were lucky that Ashley knew how to drive. Hayden was okay with Abigail not coming on this trip, Abigail wasn't really part of the group yet and they haven't known each other for too long. Ashley and Maverick sat in the front seats, Hayden was next to Teddy and Emery in the middle, while Brett and Olivia were in the very back. They were all kind of surprised when Brett went back there with Olivia but they didn't say anything, not even Ashley. 

    Hayden saw the two talking. Olivia kept a neutral face for almost the entire time before her face turned into shock and a small smile appeared. A hug soon followed and Hayden thought it might be the appropriate for her to turn away now and stop looking in on the moment. When Brett tells them whatever he told Olivia, she would understand the moment then.

    "Alright losers, we're here. You better be ready for me to push me into the water." Ashley states turning back to look at all of them.

    "Yeah right, the whole five feet of you?"

    "Shut it Lupin. C'mon, let's get everything up and ready before we go into the lake." The unpacking was one of their least favorite things. It took longer than they thought it would to get the tents pitched, get the campfire ready for when they need it, and make an area for the food and a cooler.

    After it was all done, however, they all changed into their swimwear. Most of them were already on the dock while Hayden was putting her hair up. Hayden began laughing when she saw Ashley and Emery sneak up to Teddy and full on toss him into the lake. When Teddy came up gasping, all of them were laughing. Teddy's hair changed a few shades darker before he pulled himself out of the water and grabbed Ashley before jumping back in.

    Ashley yelled once she hit the water, that must've been a bit cold, before splashing Teddy in the face. Tired of not being in the water, Hayden ran up the dock and jumped in. A rush of cold water hit her and she gasped for breath when she came back up. "Holy shit! Oi! You four! Get your asses in here!" Hayden's words had changed a bit since being with Abigail. She no longer waited to say something, she no longer thought over what she was going to say before saying it. Only in important situations did she do that and she learned that it was more fun this way.

    Olivia shrugged and dived into the water. She saw Brett whisper something before he jumped in. Emery smirked before using all her strength to push in Maverick before jumping in herself.

    "I swear Grey!" Maverick started to splash Emery while she yelled out and quickly started to swim towards Hayden.

    "Don't come over to me!"

    Later, all of them played chicken. Maverick sat out for it while Ashley was on Hayden's shoulders, Emery on Olivia's, and Brett on Teddy's. Emery and Olivia won. Somehow, with the help of all of them, they were able to put Brett on Teddy's shoulders then Ashley's on Brett's. Olivia ran out to grab her Polaroid camera and took a picture of them. They even took it a step further, putting Brett on Teddy's again then Hayden on Brett's and finally Ashley on Hayden's. They could only hold it for a few seconds, long enough for Olivia to snap a picture, before the all went down into the water.

    When the water became too cold to swim in, they all started the campfire and sat around it with their pajamas now on and sitting on their towels. It was decided quickly to play a game of Truth or Dare.

    "Olivia, truth or dare." Hayden asked the blonde. Olivia took a drink of her pop before answering.

    "Dare."

    "I dare you to drink a bottle of water while standing on your hands."

    "Can someone hold my feet?" Hayden thinks it over and shrugs.

    "Sure." Olivia motions for Emery to help her before grabbing a bottle of water. Olivia holds herself up with her right hand, Emery holding her legs and probably helping with the weight, before tilting her head back and chugs the water. Some of the water ended up on the ground and when she was done Olivia went down and did a forward roll out of it. "Impressive." Olivia did a bow before looking over to Emery.

    "Truth or dare."

    "Truth."

    "What is the most embarrassing nickname you have ever had?" Emery groaned and Hayden saw Olivia smirk.

    "So only Nathan calls me this and because nobody could hear him it wasn't embarrassing. It's one of the oddest nicknames I've had and I'm okay with him calling me this because it's Nathan. So he would call me Em'n'ms. Okay, Brett, truth or dare."

    "Truth."

    "What is the thing you most want to tell this group that you were telling Olivia in the car?" Brett's eyes widen as he stared at her. "You don't have to answer it if you don't want to, I'll come up with a different one."

    "No, it's okay, I just didn't expect for you to ask that. At the party a few months ago, I got full on wasted. I danced, then made out with, then had sex with Eva Roberts. She told me, not that long ago, that she was pregnant. So after seventh year is over, I'm gonna be a dad." Everyone started to cheer and give Brett hugs.

    "You better make me the godmother." Ashley threatened him. Brett laughed and shook his head before he ran a hand through his now dry hair.

    "I'll have to talk to Eva about it. I think we are each going to pick a godmother and godfather from each of our sides. So the baby will have two godmothers and two godfathers."

    Hayden hugged Brett and stood up on her toes to whisper into his ear. "You make me godmother otherwise I will dye your hair green and the only way for it to go away is for you to shave it all off. Don't underestimate me Brett, I'm smarter than about everyone here." Hayden gives Brett a smirk as she pulls away. "Congrats Brett, you'll be a great dad."