{16}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
NOVEMBER, 2015

Emery didn't know what Olivia was thinking. She probably saw how teared apart the Slytherin team was and wanted to make sure they didn't end up that bad. Either way, the whole thing was awkward. The team bonding weekend started off with Olivia dragging the whole team to the room of requirement with food in her arms.

The room was filled with camping bags, books, a fireplace, and stuff of the sort. It looked cozy enough, maybe not the best place to sleep for the night, but not a horrible place to be. However, a place to be with someone who you told everyone tried to kill herself twice and outed someone as a lesbian? Probably not the best of situations. Estelle avoided any and all eye contact with Emery and mainly stuck around the guys.

"Okay everyone! We are here because we are not going to fall apart on our first game like Slytherin did. It doesn't matter how much we practice if we are fighting each other or are avoiding each other. We all need to be in sync. I don't care what you actually think of each other, we are going to become so close that we are like family, and family always looks out for one another no matter how sick of them you are. So come on, let's talk personal."

Olivia dragged them all over to the sleeping backs that laid in a circle. They all sat on the foot of them facing each other and waited for Olivia to start. "Okay, as you all know, probably, when I was ten years old my mum died. It was before I knew I was a witch. My mum and I were fighting and it wasn't pretty. I got so angry that I set the house on fire. I didn't know where my mum was and I was close enough to a door that my dad, when he got home, dragged me out. My mum died in a fire that I started. I get nightmares about it all the time, and every once in awhile I might even get a flashback when I'm awake. I try to get perfect grades and just overall be perfect, it's like I'm trying to make her proud of me. And it's destroying me." Olivia smiled, the classic Olivia smile that said 'it doesn't matter what you think of me, because you can't do anything about it' and that smile always broke Emery's heart. "So who's next?"

Hayden sighed, drawing attention to her. "I'll go. When I was in grade school, I always felt out of place. I was always the weird girl, the girl who never fit in. I read too much, I worked too hard in class, I was too curious, I had too much of an imagination, weird things always happened around me, and I never had any crushes on any boys. I was always the girl you should stay away from because I would only drag you down to my level. Nobody liked me as a friend because I was too me. I remember once, on a summer break back home when I was fifteen, a boy in town asked me out. I was so caught off guard that I threw my drink in his face." Hayden laughed, her face turning red. "I didn't mean to, of course, it just kind of happened. Anyways, I went on a date with him. When we dropped by his house so he could grab a jumper, I took more of an interest in his sister. That's kinda how I found out."

"I'm sorry." Emery says quickly looking at her. "I'm sorry that I told the whole school. It wasn't my secret to share and I told everyone. I'm really sorry Hayden." Hayden laughed and quickly lept forward and pulled Emery into a hug.

"I forgive you. It wasn't okay, but I forgive you."

They went around the circle sharing something personal about themselves, then went onto funny stories of their childhood. Later they roasted marshmallows like in films over the fireplace. Emery and Hayden had to sneak down to the kitchens to get more food since Olivia really didn't come prepared.

"What's it like?" Hayden asked out of nowhere while getting food.

"What?"

"What is it like to see spirits?"

"It's kind of a blessing and a curse. I can make them go away if I really want them to, but I only did that once or twice. I mostly ever see Nathan and Remus and Tonks. It's easier to see someone in the place that they died. Like, it would be hard to see auror Mad-eye Moody because he didn't die at Hogwarts. It's not impossible to see a spirit other than a place they died, but it's hard on them and me. Sometimes I might get headaches from it or may be more tired than normal but that's about the extent of it. People think you're crazy, who knows, maybe I am."

"It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world."

"No, not at all. If this is crazy, then I think I'm okay with it."