{37}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
JUNE, 2016

Emery hated exams. They were always so stressful for her, no matter how important they were. She remembered O.W.L.s being the worst and she's already dreading taking the final N.E.W.T. exams next year.

The camping trip was fun and they stayed all week. It was the most fun that Emery ever had and she had it with her best friends.

After the exams were done and over with she felt so much relief; but that relief quickly vanished when she got a letter from Harry responding to one she sent not that long ago.

Dear Emery,

Yes, that's where it happened. I hope everything is alright and please be safe. Why did you need to know this information?

From, Harry

Emery didn't respond back, she just started to tap her foot against the floor. The gears in her mind were turning and she needed advice. She needed Remus or Tonks or even Nathan. The only person she got was Iain.

"I can't talk to you right now, Iain."

"Emery, you have to do it now otherwise it'll be too late." With a last ditch effort, Emery goes out into the courtyard where the duel between Voldemort and Harry took place. "C'mon Emery, you can do this. You are so strong now."

"You're right, I am strong." Emery closed her eyes as she tried to bring Remus, Tonks, and Nathan towards her. This was the most powerful place at Hogwarts and it only made her more powerful; like adding gasoline to a fire. When she finally felt them, all four of them were there. "Who is this? What do I do?"

"You have to send him away, you have to send all of us away." Remus sounded regretful and Emery's teared up.

Emery whipped around when she heard a voice she's never heard before. "I died to stop him, you don't have to die, but don't let him come back." The boy looked a few years older than her. He was almost identical to Sirius Black. "My name is Regulus Black. I was once your age, scared, alone, and I made the wrong choice. You can make the right one."

"I'm scared." Emery felt like she was five again, hiding under the covers, away from the spirits that she didn't like. She would whimper and tell them to go away, to leave her alone, it would be hours until they did. Now, everything felt heightened. She could hear everyone that ever died at Hogwarts and it made her head spin. She clenched her teeth together at the noise. "How do I stop being scared?"

"You don't. You use your fear to make you stronger. All you have to do is tell us all to go away. Put meaning behind it and make it so you never want us to come back. You have to stop him. Make him go away. You can't let Voldemort rise again."

"Don't do it Emery! What about us! You don't have to be alone anymore!" Emery could hear Iain — no, Voldemort — yell at her but Emery pushed it away.

"Please Emery, don't let Voldemort back into the world. We died to give Teddy a better life, don't let that be in vain." Tonks smiled at her and Emery felt her eyes water.

"Nathan?" Emery opened her eyes enough to see Nathan smile at her. "I don't want you to be alone."

"Tell Natalie I love her. You have to do this. You can do this. I know you can. I've watched you grow up and I will alway look after you, no matter if you can see me or not. I love you Em'n'm, you were the younger sister I never had. I got to be the older sibling for once. Now be a badass like I know you can be and do this." By that point, Emery had her eyes tightly shut as so many voices ran past her.

"Go away."

"Don't do this Emery. I'm your brother. You are leaving me to die again."

"Go away."

"Please Em!"

"Go away!" Blood rapidly streamed out of her nose, blood steadily coming out of her ears and she felt one moment of rushing silence. Seeing no one there, hearing no one. One tear made its way out of Emery's eye before her whole world went black, and she passed out.

ONE MORE CHAPTER AFTER THIS BEFORE THE EPILOGUE

THANKS

-APRIL