{24}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE
DECEMBER, 2015

    Christmas was always a sad time for the Grey household. Emery was used to it. Ever since Iain died her mum didn't come out of her room as much and her father was rarely home. She took any chance she could get in leaving the house. She wasn't surprised when her mum said yes to her going to the Potter's for Christmas, maybe a little disappointed that her mother didn't even worry about her, but not surprised. She learned a long time ago not to be disappointed about the lack of worry from her parents.

    It was okay though, because she was going to fix it, she was going to fix everything. Iain and her have been reading through any books that could help them. Emery was learning more and more about how to control her powers, much more past her just seeing and talking to spirits. She was going to bring Iain back to life, even if it killed her.

    She could tell people were worried about her, but that was okay. They would see that everything is fine. They will see that all of this will be worth it. Everything will be worth it in the end, Emery was going to fix everything.

    Emery sat with Teddy, Olivia, Hayden, and Abigail on the train. Abigail was nice and Emery was glad that Hayden was happy. They all looked a little bit happier than normal. Emery knew that she was happier.

    Before leaving Hogwarts Emery had a chat with Iain. ( "Please, you can't come with me this time. I need my energy and helping you all the way there will cause me to pass out. It's hard enough as it is to keep you here. Trust me, I'm going to figure this out. I'm going to bring you back." )

    Emery had not seen nor talked to Nathan for weeks. She didn't know what happened, he just kind of left. She missed him, but Emery needed her brother, she wasn't ready to let go yet. She didn't want to be alone anymore.

    Iain was the brother everyone wished they had. He teased Emery but was overprotective of her at the same time. He took care of her and dried her tears when she cried. He was her best friend, no matter how many years older he was than her.

    Emery instantly saw that with Teddy when the little red haired girl -- Lily -- ran up and jumped in his arms. Emery smiled at the Potter family but felt awkward. She didn't know why Teddy invited her over for Christmas when they only knew each other for almost four months. She didn't mind it so much but she still found a little odd. With Lily on his hip, Teddy slung an arm over Emery's shoulder and lead her to his family. 

    "You must be Emery, I'm Harry." Emery smiled a bit bigger and said a small 'hi' before pressing herself a little bit more into Teddy. Emery didn't know why, but she was feeling overly shy around the Potters.

    Emery saw James come up to them and saw him rush over to his parents and hugged them. Tucked to the side, was a kid a year younger than James that was a mini Harry. Just without glasses. Emery heard of Albus Severus before, the middle child.

    "C'mon all of you, I say it's time to get home. I hope you are ready to meet more of the family Emery." Emery did a slight nod before grabbing his bags and following them out.

    Number 12 Grimmauld Place was homier than she thought it would be. She knew it used to be the house of Black, but now it looked nice and a place to properly raise a family. 

   "Is it true you can see dead people?" Lily asked with a bright smile. Her eyes were filled with curiosity and it made Emery let out a small laugh. Emery turned her gaze to Teddy who was looking away sheepishly.

    "I'll tell you if you tell me how often Teddy talks about me." Emery says it just as bright as Lily and bends down to her level. Lily opens her mouth but Teddy leaps around and covers her mouth with his hand.

    "Yes she can see dead people. Now, let's go make some dinner."

I think I might write one more chapter today and that's all. I don't know why but this chapter was so hard to write so I'm sorry for the crap-y-ness. Wtf did I just do? Whatever. I feel like my brain is now numb. 

Thanks

-April