Epilogue

( EVERYONE )

FIVE YEARS LATER

Ashley tried everything to make it to the wedding on time. She was about ready to just say 'fuck it' and leave her bags in New York just to get there. After being in New York for a year, she couldn't apparate everything with her. Finally, Ashley decided to just grab her money and apparate to England after her flight was delayed — again. After all, she was not going to miss Teddy's wedding.

    "I'm here! I'm here!" Olivia immediately shoved her into a chair where someone started on her hair and someone on her makeup.

    "I swear, you are going to give me grey hair! Once they are finished, put on that dress. I'm gonna go check on Brett and Ashe."

    "Have I ever said how much I loved that kid's name?"

    Hayden had already been ready when Ashley arrived. She knew when she arrived because Olivia started to yell. She had just zipped up Abigail's dress and started smirking.

    "Ashley's here," she sang with a smirk on her face. Hayden wrapped her arms around Abigail's waist and set her chin on her shoulder. "This is gonna be our day soon. A wedding, with cake, friends and family, a party, everything that we could want."

    "In our price limit." Hayden smiled and pecked her on the cheek while looking down at the ring on her finger.

    "I love you."

    "I love you too."

    "That's sweet and all, but we have to make sure everything is in order. Ashley has five minutes to get into her dress before I drag her out here, with that dress on or not. Where's Emery?"

   Brett picked up his daughter before carrying her over to Eva. Ashe clung to her mother and waved as Brett went down to where Teddy was.

    "You ready?"

    "As ready as I'll ever be." Brett clapped him on the back before running back to where the bridesmaids were along with the other groomsmen.

    Brett locked arms with Olivia as everyone followed suit. He saw Ashley lock arms with Maverick in a somewhat awkward way. After two years of being with each other, they split up and were happier afterwards.

    Olivia had just started to teach at Hogwarts. She teaches Transfiguration so that McGonagall could just focus on being headmistress. Speaking of McGonagall, Brett could see her in the third row.

    The first row was mostly empty, after asking Emery why, it made a lot more sense. ( "Well, Remus and Tonks would sit there. The rest of the Marauders not that far away. I left Nathan a seat even though he would rather be one of my bridesmaids. I even left my brother a seat, even though I've never actually seen him after he died. I just like to think that he would be here watching me get married." )

    Olivia was almost more excited than Emery was. She watched as her best friend walked down the aisle with Harry — after her parents died Harry volunteered to walk her down. Olivia was determined not to cry but she knew that it would be a futile effort.

    The white petals fell as Ashe walked down. Now almost  five, she was used to Olivia always being around. She remembered when she was born and named after Ashley since Hayden got to be godmother. The deal was that Brett chose the first name and Eva got to chose the middle.

    "You both made your own vows?"

Teddy nodded and cleared his throat. "I remember when I first saw you. You were being sorted into Ravenclaw and I didn't think anything of it at the time because I was a second year and I felt I didn't need to pay attention to the sorting. If Ravenclaw was for the smart and unique, you were in the right house.

"When I first met you I had no idea who you were. You were just a girl talking to herself in the corridor. It was interesting, to say the least. I knew you were different in one way or the other; and I knew that I would never be able to live without you, and that I would never want to. Emery Grey, you are the love of my life. I realized that long before you proposed to me, because you are so badass and amazing. You deserve the world, and I'm happy that you settled with me."

Teddy swore that Emery started to cry before him, but they both think that Ashley was the first one crying.

"Everyone knew who you were. You were the Lupin boy, the first son of Harry and Ginny Potter. You were curious and that curiosity changed my life forever. That year that we meant I almost died. I like to think that you are the one that saved me. You save my life one way or another every day and I wouldn't know what to do without you.

"Because how could you live without a Teddy Lupin in your life, that's a question I never want answered. I trust you to never break my heart."