{32}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
MARCH, 2016

    Emery couldn't keep any food down anymore, so she just didn't eat. Olivia made her leave the quidditch team but Emery only saw it as a way to get more time so she could bring Iain back. She still spent time with Teddy, curling into his side when she felt especially tired.

    "I don't know why you are doing this to yourself." Teddy brushed a piece of hair off of her face and kissed the top of her head.

    "I'll be fine in the end, it'll all be over after I bring back Iain."

    "You know I trust you, I'm just worried." Emery nods against him. She was relaxing in the Hufflepuff common room with Teddy, the fire warming her up. She could almost fall asleep against Teddy but something was nagging in the back of her mind. She flinched when she heard another voice.

    "Really? This is what you are doing instead of working on bringing me back?" She felt Teddy lift her up and ask her what's wrong but Emery kept her eyes on Iain. "I thought you cared about me. I thought you loved me and wanted to bring me back." Emery's eyes widen and she whispers a small 'I do' and flinched at Iain's loud voice. "Then why are you here! Why aren't you working!" 

    "I'm sorry." Emery whimpers with tears trailing down her face. Iain came forward and wiped the tears away.

    "It's okay. I'm sorry for yelling. I know you are doing your best, I'm just getting anxious. I don't know what will happen once you leave Hogwarts. I just want to be able to truly hold you again and make sure Teddy is right for you. I'm sorry, it's not your fault sweetheart, I'm sorry. You should stay with him, calm down, relax. I'll do some research, don't worry. We're in this together, right?"

    Emery nods before falling into Teddy's arms.

    "Are you okay?" Emery watched Iain disappear before nodding again.

    "Sorry, I didn't mean... I'm alright. Don't worry." Emery smiled at Teddy before kissing him. When she broke away she tried to distract him by smiling. "Trust me. I have it all under control."

    "I wonder how many people have said that saying the exact same thing." Emery let her smile drop as she looked down. "I'm going to take care of you. Okay? You are not going anywhere, not if I can do anything about it. I trust you."

    Emery leaned against Teddy again. "Do you think I'm going to die?"

    "I think that if you rush into this and not careful then yeah, but I'm not going to let that happen." Teddy held her tight and Emery felt a few tears land on her head.

    "I trust you. I can do this Teddy. I just need my brother back. I love you all, but I need my brother. He's my brother and I miss him to death." 

    "Just promise me, if it's down to you or him, you will choose yourself. You will let yourself live before you bring him to life. I can live without Iain, but none of us will know what to do if you die." Emery let the words stay in the air for a few minutes. "Please, promise me."

     "I promise." The scary part was that Emery didn't know if she meant it or not. Emery let a few tears leak from her eyes. "I promise." Emery felt a small sad smile cross her face as she thought that this may be one of the last moments she would have with Teddy. "I promise." It was then that she realized that she didn't mean it at all.

    Emery tried to not feel sad, to try to agree with what Teddy said, but she couldn't. She knew that everyone would be upset if she died, but she doubted that they would fall apart. She didn't care of the consequences, she was going to bring her brother back.

    Emery looked up to Teddy and felt her eyes water. "Thank you, for everything." 

Ahhh!! I think I'm going to try to write one or two more chapters. I'm definitely going to try to finish this next chapter in this sitting. 

Thanks

-April