{14}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
NOVEMBER, 2015

Even after apologizing to everyone, Emery still felt her gut twisting everytime she looked at anyone she talk about. She could barely stand to be in the same room as Olivia and it was already three days after the incident. She mostly stayed to herself, only talking to Teddy, Natalie, and spirits which made her look more or less crazy. She wanted to talk to Olivia, but at the same time the thought itself sent a bitter taste into her mouth. Emery could only watch from a distance as Olivia sat alone in her thoughts, could only watch as she woke up from nightmares and go down to the common room for the rest of the night.

She never felt so hopeless with everything. A deep pit stayed her stomach, souring her mood and made her anxious.

Olivia seemed to space out more, her eyes not meeting anyone's. She got less and less sleep. Emery wanted to swallow her pride and talk with her, and she was about to, but the guilt only pulled her back. She was probably the last person Olivia would want to talk to. Apparently though, Olivia had more guts than her, for the blonde was making her way towards Emery. Deep and dark bags hung under her eyes. Her eyes always moving throughout the room and not looking Emery in the face.

    "I'm falling apart but I have no one to talk to. You pissed me off, told everyone that I killed my mum and shared the fact that my boyfriend was cheating on me -- something I didn't even know. So I can't talk to Conner, and I can't talk to you, and I'm not close enough to anyone else to actually talk to them about this shit. So can you please just say you're sorry so I can cry my eyes out."

    By that point, Emery's eyes were watering and she let herself smile. Sure, it wavered, but she smiled. "I'm so sorry." Olivia nodded then proceeded to let her tears fall. Emery immediately wrapped her arms around her, running her fingers through her hair in an effort to calm her. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know about Conner till that day. I'm so so so sorry Liv. It's okay, it'll be okay. I will hex him into oblivion for you." Olivia let out a choked laugh and Emery shared one with her. 

    "I just don't know what to do. I can live without Conner, that no good cheating bastard -- I'm not going to say son of a bitch because his mother is a lovely woman. I just -- the nightmares are too much Em. I thought I could handle it, but I really can't. I feel like crap all the time and I don't know what to do." Emery held onto Olivia tighter, as if she could carry her away from the world and protect her from everyone and everything.

    "It's okay Liv, I got you. I will figure this out, trust me, I will figure this all out, I promise. Just trust me, I won't let anything hurt you anymore." So there the two sat, tucked away in their common room, holding onto each other for dear life with tears rolling off their cheeks.

    "I trust you Em, I trust you."

    Emery didn't know how to fix all this, but she was going to figure it out. Olivia was her best friend, practically her sister, and she didn't want her to hurt anymore. It wasn't fair, so Emery would do anything she could to make all of this better.

    The two didn't move for dinner, both of them too exhausted to leave their common room. Emery even saw Nathan come in and send her a sad smile before leaving again. And if Emery sweared she saw Iain, she didn't say anything, didn't even chase him, just looked at him and more tears filled her eyes. She couldn't worry about him right now. Right now, she was going to worry about Olivia, because she was alive. She couldn't worry about the dead right now, not now. Olivia comes first. 

ATTENTION EVERYONE! I AM NOW INSANE! BECAUSE MY GOAL IS TO FINISH THIS BOOK IN ONE WEEK! KILL ME NOW!