Chapter 19

Warning ⚠ : The following may contain auditory, visual, and/or tactile (feeling) hallucinations. As well as triggers such as self harm, dark thoughts, neglect, violence, and/or (mostly verbal) abuse.

P.S. Please mind that the character's schizophrenia is severe.  The following may contain his view of a psychotic episode.

[Song: Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Music Box)]

Rantaro's POV

"How long?" Yukio asked while writing something down. Kokichi looked up. "Four days." Kokichi quickly responded. "Well, do you have any particular reason as to why? Bullying, having a hard time at home or school-" Yukio was cut off.

"I deal with that shit but no...... It's the voices..... They always say bad things..." Kokichi explained. Yukio looked concerned. "Voices? Well,  what kind of things do they say?"

"They tell me to go die, to hurt myself,  and say horrible things about me. They also tell me to hurt other people." Yukio put down his clip board and adjusted his glasses. "What are they saying right now?" Yukio asked. "R-Right now they're yelling at me for talking about them. One is saying that I'm worthless, another one says I'm crazy." (Yukio could be a therapist as well at this point! XD)

Kokichi's POV

The doctor, or Yukio looked at who I'm guessing is his brother, Rin, and nodded. He walked off. Not long after, he came back with some papers and gave them to Yukio.

Just kill them already. Why are you talking about us? Psychopath! Psychopath! "One of them is telling me to just kill you, Rantaro, and the other guy already." I said darkly. This definitely startled them.

I smiled innocently. "If I really wanted to, I probably could right now." I claimed. They all looked at me. "Hey Rantaro, you sure he's not a psycho-" Rantaro hit Rin on the head. "Owww!"

"Sigh Don't be an idiot, Rin." Yukio said. Behind Yukio, there was a figure with a knife. It was smiling creepily and playing with his hair. Without thinking, I threw a knife at it. The knife went through it and it disappeared. 'I'm thirsty.'
"I want Panta now."

The room went silent. Yukio's eyes widened, so did Rin's and Rantaro's. "Please don't tell me he did what I think he did." Yukio said, pretty shocked. Uh oh! You're in troooouuubllllee! You idiot. "I probably am." I said to myself.

"Sorry to break it to you little bro, but he just threw a knife." Rin stated. Yukio turned around to see the knife in the wall. Just kill them already. Kill! kill Kill! Kill! Them! Make them die!

I probably looked terrified at this point. I was shaking. More and more of the figures appeared at the corner of my eye. "Don't be so scared of us.... We can help you...."

I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my ears. I mumbled things, I could barely even hear my own thoughts anymore. "So loud..... Too loud..."

Yukio's POV

This kid... He definitely needs help. I looked over at Rin and brang him over. "This kid needs help. His hallucinations are pretty severe."

"Rantaro? Has Kokichi had any delusions of any sort?" I asked urgently. "No. Not that I know of."

"Has he been acting weird or anything." 'He needs to answer this question.... ' Rantaro stopped, looked like he was thinking. "Yeah... Sometimes he'll just freeze. Like, I can move his arm all I want. And wavey hand in front of him, but he won't move or even respond."

"Catatonia....." I said to myself. "Catatonia and severe hallucinations." I went over to write it down. "Does he have any sudden mood swings?" I asked yet another question, trying to rule out possible conditions.

"Nope. He's usually pretty quiet and keeps to himself a lot." Rantaro answered, continuously looking back at Kokichi.

"Hey Rin, get this kid for a CT scan." He nodded and took Kokichi.

~One CT scan later with results~
(Brought to you by: Author-chan-can't-think-of-anything.com)

Then yeah.... It must be it. I came back into the room to see Kokichi still covering his ears. He was looking down.

"Hey, Kokichi? I have pretty good idea of what's wrong with you." I said softly. Kokichi just glared at me and muttered something. "I'm fine....."

Rantaro smacked him in the back of the head. Kokichi punched him in return. "Alright that's enough you two." I scolded the teenagers. I looked back over the symptoms and results to verify.

"Okay so after looking at the results and your symptoms, I going to diagnose you with schizophrenia. A very common symptom are hallucinations. As in seeing things, hearing, feeling, and/or smelling things that aren't really there." I explained to the two.

Kokichi giggled and looked back up. "So I'm going crazy. Not really surprised." he said. "No. You're not crazy. And those moments where Kokichi seems to space out, he can't move. It's not that he doesn't want to respond, it's that he can't. It's something called Catatonia. Another symptom of Schizophrenia."

Rantaro looked concerned and was definitely thinking about it. "Schizophrenia is not curable, but it can be managed with treatment such as medicine and therapy. I'm going to prescribe you some Anti-psychotics to help with the voices and weird things you see."

"Well, would you look at my smart-ass brother! I'm so gonna brag about you later." Rin said proudly. "Oh shut up. Why are you even here anymore, Rin?" I asked my idiot brother.

"To keep watch over you of course! Plus Rantaro's here and unlike you he's not a buzzkill." Rin babbled. "Well why don't you make yourself useful for once and take these kids back to school." I commanded.

"Tch. Fine. C'mon let's go." Rin said as he led them out. "Sigh What is my life at this point?"

~Meanwhile~

Rantaro's POV

Rin walked us out back to school which luckily isn't too far away. The meanwhile Rin explained to us exactly what Schizophrenia was and stuff like that.

Before we knew, it we were back at school and Rin was walking us to class. "So you guys will be okay right?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

I nodded and so did Kokichi, but he avoided eye contact. He smiled then slid open the door. Everyone turned to see us. Rin smiled then spoke to our teacher and left.

"Welcome back Kokichi!"

{1056}