Chapter 26

[Song: Nightcore - Bonfire Night]

Kokichi's POV

I woke up to a bright light. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was on a bed in strange room with that black cat next to me. There was souvenirs covering the walls. I looked to my left, sleeping there against it was Rantaro.

As soon as I saw him, I almost fell off the bed. "What the fuck......" I looked around again. "This must be his room then." Yeah, no shit you idiot.

I carefully got off his bed and approached him quietly. I sat down in front of him and observed him. He seemed like he was pretty tired before falling asleep.

Well today was a weekend so at least he didn't have to get up for school. I decided to let him sleep but as I walked around his room I got pretty bored. Why don't you just do something to him already?! You hate him don't you?

I ended unjust sitting next to him and falling asleep, leaning into him, my head on his shoulder.

Rantaro's POV

I had stayed up watching over Kokichi almost all night, eventually falling asleep against the wall. When I woke up, he wasn't on the bed anymore.

I looked around, the lights were off. I was about to get up, but then I realized there was a weight against my left arm. I looked over to see Kokichi sleeping next to me.

He looked so peaceful. I moved the hair out of his face to behind his ear. "Nmm" He wrapped his arms around mine and leaned in closer to me. 'Oh no. What do I do?! He'll kill me if he wakes up to this! Probably.'

I picked him up and put him on the bed, but when I tried to pull away my arm he just tightened his grip. "N-No... Don't leave me..Don't....go..." He said softly in his sleep.

"Yeah okay, there's no way I'm getting out of this alive." I sighed and lied down next him. I pulled him in a bit closer to my chest. My face was bright red and hot from embarrassment.

He was right in front of my chest, peacefully sleeping and vulnerable. After a while of looking around, having no idea what to do now, I felt him move around.

Kokichi's POV

I woke up again to a soft surface and something warm on my back. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. Everything seemed fine.... Except I was in Rantaro's bed and he was right next to me.

Once he noticed me he just said, "Morning sleepy head." and smiled softly. My eye twitched in annoyance and I smacked him.

"Ow! What was that for?!" He asked. "Idiot. Did you really think I wouldn't smack you after waking up in a random bed?"

Before he could answer, the door swung open. "OHMYGOD HE WOKE UP! EEEEK!" A girl a bit younger than us came in squealing and jumping around. I turned to Rantaro.

"So who's this squealing mouse?" I asked, pointing at the strange girl. "Tch. For your information I am not a mouse." She said with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Then why're you squealing so much? Did you just get tickets to a boy band concert?" I asked while laughing a bit. "Nope! Though that'd be nice..... Anyways, my brother had just came home with his crush and a cute cat!"

My eyes widened. "SHIT! Where the hell is she?! What'd you do to her brat?!" I yelled. "Wait, that's what your asking? You're not even surprised about the whole crush part?"

"Well duh! It was damn obvious that his gay ass liked me." I stated. She laughed a bit as I pointed at him from behind me.

"Now where the hell did you put her!" Cut her.....Cut her now.... She put her hands up defensively. "Relax. She's in my room." She explained then walked out and quickly came back with Midnight.

I quickly grabbed Midnight and hugged her as she hissed at the girl. "Yikes. Anyways, I'm Mira. Nice to meet you!" She said with excitement while holding her hand out.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, turning my attention back to Midnight. "Rude! Rantaro, I don't get what you see in this guy other than looks!" She said.

Rantaro laughed a bit and hugged me from behind, startling me. I instinctively took out my knife and pointed it at him. "Try that again and you'll lose something." Stop hesitating and just do it already! This is bullshit!

"As for you." I turned and pointed it at his sister. "Touch the cat again and I fucking swear you won't get out of it unharmed." I threatened.

"So.....Um...Rantaro? How'd ya end up liking him?"

{798}