Chapter 38

A/N: Okay so it's been a while since I've actually had to do this but here we go. \/

Warning ⚠ : The following will contain auditory, visual, and tactile (feeling) hallucinations. They will display a person's experience during a severe schizophrenic episode. As well as triggers and sensitive topics such as self harm, dark thoughts, neglect, violence, and/or (mostly verbal) abuse.

If you are easily disturbed, it is recommended for you to stop reading if it's too much to handle. Thank you and enjoy!

[Song: Nightcore - Get Out Alive]

.................................................

"..ro...antaro..... Rantaro!" Shuichi yelled, making Rantaro shot up from the bed. He looked around in slight confusion but then remembered. He was at school....and those people..... And what they had said.

Rantaro's POV

I realized I was in the school's infirmary. Apparently Shuichi stayed behind to wait for me to wake up. How nice.... "Hey Shuichi? What time as it?"

"Oh, 5:00 PM. (17:00)" He said quietly. I nodded and got off the bed. We both walked out the door and walked home together. On the way there, I received some surprising news.

"Around half an hour after you left, Kokichi stopped by the classroom. He said he was looking for you." 'Kokichi? Looking for me?'

I gave him a shocked look and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Really?" "Um yeah..." "Did he say about what?" Shuichi seemed a little startled so I stepped back and let go.

"Sorry Rantaro.... He didn't. When I asked....he just glared at me and said it was none of my "damn business"."
He told me nervously and apologized again.

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault...." I let go and looked behind us, to the direction of the school. It's been a while.... Seeing him smile genuinely just seemed like a far away memory...
'What in the world happened.... Kokichi?'

I asked myself this question continuously and just hoped for the best. It was a pretty normal walk home and when the time came, I said bye to Shuichi and walked off.

It was probably around 5:30 by the time I got home. It was pretty quiet in the house for once. I assumed that thr he younger ones fell asleep and the older few were shut up in their rooms.

So I just head off to my own room and closed the door. On my desk there was some note... Weird. I walked over to open it but there was only some jumbled up letters.

In the middle..... The recorder Kokichi's cat had in her mouth before she died. "What in the world is this doing here?"

I turned the note over to see if there was any name as to who it was from.... Nothing. I sighed in annoyance and decided to leave it be for now... But I suddenly got a bad feeling about the message, as if it meant something important.

I guess by the time I found out, it would probably be too late to do anything about it anyways.

Kokichi's POV

"Go to sleep......" 'Everything feels so fuzzy..... Where am I?' I slowly opened my eyes and I let my vision settle. But a terrifying image "welcomed" me.

It was a man. He was sitting in a rocking chair and had a doll. But the man.... Had no eyes. There was blood dripping from his eye sockets and he had a permanent smile carved into his mouth.