Chapter 25

A/N: You guys...... IT'S MIKA! IT'S MIKAELA!  (Not me. The guy in the background of the song.) Anyways! Let's continue with the story! (And OUMAGOD I accidentally published it Soooo many times)

[Song: Nightcore - Demons (Philosophical Sessions)]

Rantaro's POV

"What? Who the hell is this? Where's Kokichi?!" I questioned. "Unfortunately I cannot disclose my identity at the moment. As for your friend...... He is here with me. But I cannot disclose our current location. I recommend you don't think of telling the police. They'll either ignore you or prohibit you from helping."

'Dammit! They're right!' I bit my lip in frustration and confusion.  "Is he at least safe? Kokichi I mean...." I questioned. The strange voice stayed silent for a bit but then responded.

"Yes. He is..... For now that is." They answered. "For now?! What's that supposed to mea-" before I could ask anymore questions, they hung up on me.

"Tch. Dammit!" I threw my phone on the bed and punched the wall. I rested my head against the wall and placed my hand next to it. "Why?....... "

I fell to my knees with my head and hand still against the wall. The room was silent.....peaceful compared to what has been happening. "What the hell is even going on at this point...?"

Kokichi's POV

I looked up at the strange person. They had a zipped up jacket with the hoodie on and were wearing a gas mask. They were most likely male but I wasn't entirely sure.

They gave me back the phone by tossing it. "Hey..... Just who the hell are you?" I asked them, glaring at the stranger.

"You don't need to know for now. All you need to know is that I share an equal hatred for Junko Enoshima and I plan on doing something about her."

I looked at them strangely and they stood upright. "Here. You can have this." They tossed a small object at me. "It's a recorder. If you can, then record her. Maybe if you get lucky than you can get some if any incriminating evidence against her."

Right after, the strange figure walked away and disappeared into the darkness. I looked around, it was starting to get slightly dark. "Well shit.  What am I gonna do now?"

There was no way I was going back home but there isn't anywhere else to go so..... The next best thing was this alleyway.

The cat I had named Midnight stayed with me. Maybe she just liked me, I've started to like her as well. I got myself comfortable and eventually fell asleep.

Rantaro's POV

I had gotten really worried and paranoid so I asked a friend to track the phone. It had lead to a dark alleyway. Quietly, I looked around. Then, I spotted a small figure against a wall.

I looked closer... And it was Kokichi. He was sleeping peacefully with a black cat on his lap. 'Cute...' I extended my hand, but then the cat got up and hissed at me.

"Woah! Sorry.." The cat then looked at me strangely and got off of Kokichi. I tried picking him up and the cat sat down.

I picked him up and decided to take him to my house for now. As soon as I began walking, the cat followed. 'It must like him.... I guess it wouldn't hurt to take it in for now as well....'

By the time I had gotten home, it was kind of dark outside. But standing there at the entrance was my younger sister, the oldest one. Her arms crossed over her chest, tapping her foot,  and with a mischievous look on her face.

'Uh oh... ' "And where did you go?" she questioned. She looked at Kokichi and the cat. "Who're they?" "Oh I'm. He's a friend.......and he's had trouble at home....?"

I said nervously, even though I was telling the truth. Then suddenly she smiled widely. "Is that the one you kissed?" My face went red. She squeeled and let me in with Kokichi and the cat.

She pushed me up to my room. "Good luck~" She said teasingly. "Wai-" And and slammed the door shut, leaving me alone with Kokichi and the cat.

I carefully stepped over and set him down onto my bed. I sat down next to him and looked.  'He looks so peaceful.....' Without even thinking..I leaned down and kissed him on the lips.

Almost as soon as I realized what I'd just done, I pulled away. I sat down against the wall and watched over him while thoughts raced through my mind.

'I can't believe I actually did that...' Soon enough though, I fell asleep sitting up against the wall.

{780}