Chapter 6

Tyler's POV

Great. I'm so dead.

Dad is due to get back from his meeting any minute now. Mom is pacing. She's been like this since Eric brought me back. I didn't truly see the harm in what I'd done. I'd went to go talk to a guy. Yeah he was a leader, but what was the big deal? I'd done stuff like this before, but I'd never seen mom like this.

Dad walks in the door. I feel like my executioner has entered the room. Dad is what you'd exactly call strict, but he's not easy going either. He looks at mom, who is still pacing, and then looks at me.

"Should I even ask?" he asks in a rather agitated tone.

Yep. This is it. I'm gonna die.

"Tyler... would you care to explain?" Mom asks me. She is looking at me as if she could strangle the life out of me now.

"Umm... uh... not really," I say, my voice trembling. Mom huffs and starts to explain the events of today. As she continues, dad seems to be getting more and more frustrated. When she's done, I know I'm gonna get it.

He lectures for about an hour. He obviously told me to never do it again. He explains that Mr. Coulter was a leader, and he didn't have time to deal with me. I could tell that he never really said what he was thinking. There was something else. What was it about this guy that put my family so on edge?