Chapter 30

Eric's POV

Fear simulations have been going on for two weeks. Tyler is getting better. She isn't having to manipulate the simulation anymore. Although, I don't know how exactly we're gonna explain her fears. I guess we'll just have to come clean about who she is. She's my daughter. I don't think anyone is gonna be very surprised. We'll announce it the night after the final test in the pit.

I had to laugh just a little bit when she came into the fear simulation with her tattoos. I actually really liked them. They suited her. She is still rattled when she comes out of the sim. She always embraces me when she wakes up. It seems to make her feel safer. She's calmer, but I can tell the sim still really bothers her. It hard for me to watch it. I love my girl, and I want to protect her, even from her fear sim.

Today is the final test. She nervous. I'm nervous. She'll be fine, but it still worries me. We enter the landscape room, and I assure her that it's going to be fine.

Her name is called for the final test. She sits in the chair in the middle of the room. All eyes are on her. Four injects her. She looks across the room to me.

"Good luck," I mouth to her before her eyes close, and she enters the simulation.

Tyler's POV

I wake up in the bedroom in Eric's apartment. I see Eric and myself as a baby on the couch. Soon, Max enters. I know what to do. Before he sees me, I charge him, take his gun and knock him out. One fear down. Three to go.

Next I'm in Erudite. I work my way out do the ropes quickly. Dad said I absolutely had to stop the simulation before Jeanine said, "Divergent." I see Jeanine. I run over to her and take her out quickly.

I may be moving too fast. They might catch me. I need to slow down.

With the next simulation, that isn't hard. I'm in the training room. I see my dad, Tobias, Tris and Miles prepared to rush me. I start running. I evade them for what seems like a few minutes. Then, I grab a knife still lying on the table. I launch it at Eric's leg.

Sorry.

I grab three more and proceed to do the same to Tris, Tobias and Miles. They all now favor their injured leg. This makes them easy to take out. I swipe my leg under each of their legs and hit them hard in the head. When each is unconscious, the scene changes. Last one.

I'm in my bedroom at home. Dad, Tris and Four are all looking at me.

"Leave!" They all say in unison.

"No," I tell them, emotionless.

"We never wanted you," Tris says.

Eric begins to open his mouth, but before he can, I interrupt him.

"Don't even say it," I say with my voice trembling now. "You're lying. I'm wanted. Nothing will change that." And with that, I wake up in the chair in the middle of the fear landscape room.
———————-
Song: Motivated by NF