Chapter 7 - Upward Turn

Montry POV

I'm excited to go partying again with Yo. But instead of going to a club, where Yo might feel a little uncomfortable with the loud music and all the grinding, Ming suggested to go to a sit-down bar. We invited Ming, of course, since he's Yo's bestfriend, and we promised each other that we would do our best to help Yo get over this.

Ming picked an upscale bar with a nice ambience. The lights are dim, but you can still see the faces of everyone. The music is good, not for dancing though. The drinks range from your local beer to one-of-a-kind cocktails. Elephant and I were there first, then came the twins.

"Bitches, tonight is the night that Yo will forget, okay? No talking about that guy, even just the mention of his name, got it?"

Elephant and the twins all enthusiastically nod in agreement. We will make this night the start of Yo's recovery. This night is gonna be epic!

The angels and I start off with the bar's signature cocktails to set the mood while waiting for the bestfriends. After downing our first round, I see Ming happily pulling a slightly smiling Yo. Oh, what do we have here? We haven't even started the night with Yo and Ming already got that recently elusive smile out of his bestfriend.

"Hey, ladies, look," I nudge the gang. "Aww, I missed that cute smile," Elephant says, while the twins both nod and smile. "It's still not like his smile before, but this is a good start," I say.

"Oohoo, so you finally come, huh? Making us wait for you that long," I nag at Yo as they reach our table. He just looks at me shyly. "Sorry, it took a lot of effort to get this lazyhead out of his bed, but hey, we're here," Ming tells me.

"Er, er, er. Go get your drinks. We already started without you," Elephant tells them.

Everything is going according to plan. Yo has slowly started to come out of his cave, joining our conversation from time to time. Although still not as lively as his usual self, it's a sign of progress, and we'll gladly take it.

We're getting kinda drunk, and the rest of the angels have gone hyper. Ming is holding back on his alcohol because he needs to take care of Yo after this. Yo, on the other hand, has been chugging down beer, cocktails and hard liquor, of course, thanks to our annoying insistence. We're all drunkenly laughing, hitting each other and just having fun. Yo has been smiling every now and then, finding our antics funny. He has not given a full on laugh, but at least the devastated expression that he's been wearing for weeks has started to change.

"E'Yo, where are you going?"

"Restroom."

"You want me to go with you?" He shakes his head no, and we let him.

"Guys, this plan of yours is a success," Ming exclaims. "I know right, we're so happy seeing Yo smile again. We should do this again soon," I answer. Everyone nods happily.

Suddenly, I see Yo running to the door. "E'Yo, where are..." Even before I could finish, he was out the door. "I'll go after him. Let's rendezvous at his dorm. You guys settle things here," Ming tells us then hurriedly ran after his bestfriend.

While waiting for the check, Elephant went to the restroom. We were talking and speculating what happened to Yo when Elephant came back wide-eyed.

"H-H-He is he-here with T-T-THE girl," Elephant loud whispers to us stuttering. Our mouths fell and all kinds of thoughts suddenly bombarded us. We were all panicking, talking at the same time.

"Maybe Yo saw them that's why he ran."

"But what exactly did he see? Were they doing something?"

"I don't know, but he seems drunk and clingy to the girl."

"Poor Yo, he must be devastated again right now."

"I want to strangle that girl!"

"Hey, it's him we should strangle first."

"OMG! What if Yo passes out again just like in the canteen?"

"I remember that. Our poor friend was begging him not to leave him. He was even kneeling and hugging his leg."

"But that jerk just shook Yo off his leg. I mean, who does that?"

"He was so mean! He shook Yo off like he was some kind of dog!"

"Maybe because he likes pussies more than dogs now. Get it?"

"You bitch, it's not the time to joke around! Especially with that topic!"

"Er, er. Sorry."

"But it was a good thing we were there when that happened."

"Yeah, I can still remember Yo clutching his heart while looking at the direction the jerk headed off to, before blacking out."

"I've never seen him cry that much."

"I also remember how the students who witnessed were making fun of Yo and saying that he deserved it for dreaming too high! I wanted to slap their faces one by one. Ugh!"

"Oh, no! What if Yo passes out again?"

"Hopefully, Ming catches up with Yo."

Our conversation was interrupted by the wait staff who gave us the check. We paid then rushed to Yo's dorm, but not without Elephant taking a picture of that jerk and the girl.

Ugh! This bitch's priorities weird me out sometimes!

What we thought was a successful night suddenly turned 180 degrees. The night was, indeed, epic, but for the wrong reason.

Hope we can salvage what's left of Yo's sanity.