Chapter 8 - Naked Eyes

Hello! Double update today because I feel the need to have chapters 7 and 8 published together for emotional continuity.

Again, thank you so much for still reading and reaching this chapter despite the suffering Yo is going through.

Also, Please don't forget to vote if you like the chapter. 😁

-----

Wayo POV

This is nice. Somehow, it doesn't feel so empty anymore. The pain is still there, I can still feel it, but there's another feeling surfacing - a feeling so foreign, I can't put a finger on it. Is this what they call happiness? Hmm, maybe not that extreme. Maybe this is just...

"E'Yo, you're not listening!" I was brought back from my thoughts with Elephant shaking me violently.

"H-huh? What is it?"

"They said 'Cheers!' for this night being the first of our many night outs to come," Ming helps me out.

"Oh, yeah. I like that," I say with a half-smile. Hmm, if this is the first of many, then maybe I can have that foreign feeling again. I can get lost in the moment with them again and feel that everything is alright - that there's nothing wrong. I can feel that everything is fine. Yeah, that's it! The foreign feeling is feeling 'fine.' It might sound silly and shallow, but I've missed that feeling. Now that I think about it, I've never felt fine since that day. All I ever felt were pain, sorrow, emptiness, loneliness, betrayal and hopelessness. Yes, everything is fine. Everything will be fine from now on.

"Cheers!"

"Hey, E'Yo, try this shot, this is really good," Montry gives me a glass.

I've been trying different drinks tonight, but I don't mind at all. In fact, I've never tried so many drinks ever. 'He' wouldn't let me. I feel dizzy and I think my bladder is going to burst. I stand up and head to the restroom.

"E'Yo, where are you going?"

"Restroom."

"You want me to go with you?" I shake my head no. They think I'm so helpless. Silly guys.

It's my first time in this bar so I ask the wait staff where the restroom is. They point me to a secluded area, near the private rooms. The area is on the other side of a wall from our table.

Ooh, my friends really have good taste. This bar is really nice, dim lights but you can still see people's faces. Decors look luxurious. The private rooms have floor-to-ceiling glass walls and oxblood-colored wooden doors. Chic! The curtains of the private rooms, however, are down, so I can't peek through them. Oh, wait, that room has it's curtain up. I pass by it on my way to the restroom and observe the interior. Chandelier, expensive-looking, studded leather couch for two. Oops, the guests seem to be having an intimate time together. Hihihi! They're so shameless! Why don't they put the curtains down? Do they want everybody going to the restroom see them hugging so tightly, with their heads resting on top of each other's shoulders? Tsk! These people. Hmm, but that girl looks really pretty and sophisticated. The man must be so lucky to have her. I wonder how the guy looks like? Can't see him though as his head is being covered by the girl's. Oh, wait, the girl seems to be whispering something to the guy, then she releases the hug, and what's this? The girl seems to be a little on the aggressive side. She holds the man's cheek before pressing her lips on his head. She has initiative, I'll give her that. Lucky guy...

My body freezes in place and I start to have chest cramps. It's like the world is coming down on me with its full weight. My tears fall uncontrollably. My knees start to wobble and before I fall to the ground because of this tremendous pain, I was able to catch myself and run away.

Run. Get out of here. I can't bear to see.

I run and run and run. I continue running until I was out of breath. I manage to hold on to a lamp post before I let it all out. Is it even possible to let it all out? All this pain? All these feelings - sorrow, emptiness, loneliness, betrayal and hopelessness? I cried. I wailed. I fell to my knees and clutched my chest. It's so quiet, I literally can't hear anything aside from myself. I could see cars pass me by though. Do they feel the same? Do those people in the cars feel this, too? Or is it just me? Is life really this unfair? Some people are just so happy. Some 'girls' are so blessed and lucky. And some 'guys' can just move on so easily.

I suddenly stop wailing when I felt strong arms wrap around me from behind. They're strong, but gentle. I can feel a warm and loving presence behind me. Then a head lands on my shoulder while still backhugging me in our kneeling position. My ears suddenly pop and I can now hear the cars, the shuffling of the leaves, and soft sobs?

This person hugging me is crying with me. Is he in pain, too? He whispers, "shhh, Yo. Shh. It's okay. Everything's gonna be okay. Shh. I'm here now, Yo."

I recognize that voice. Yes, I still have him. I turn around to face him. He holds both sides of my face, looks me in the eyes and tells me, "you still have me, Yo." I can't contain my emotions. I hug him so tight and cry again, this time, louder. He strokes my back, while whispering that everything's gonna be okay.