Escape

I've lived with my new family for a year already after my Mom died. They took me in and take good care of me. They gave everything that I need and always loved me. But that was what I thought.....

"What the fuck are you doing?! It's seven in the morning already and you're still lying in there. Hurry up and get up goddammit!"

I looked up and saw a black shadow in front of me. Hearing those words, I knew that was my foster mom.

I slowly got up and grab a shirt beside my bed. I looked up on the cracked mirror hanging on the wall and saw myself full of bruisses and scars. I rub one of my bruisses on my face and I can feel so much pain from it.

"I told you to wake the fuck up early, right?! Stop looking at that fucking mirror and start working!"

Another black shadow showed up and it seems that that was my foster dad. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me out of my room. He pushed me on the walls and punched my stomach. I bent down and held my mouth stopping myself from screaming because of pain. I coughed and saw blood coming out from my mouth.

"That's what you get for not waking up early!"

He spit on my face and left me. I saw three black shadows coming towards me and carress my face.

"Iwaizumi-kun, are you okay?"

"I'll go get some ice"

"Then I'll get a towel. Wait for us here."

Futaba, Mabuchi and Touma are one of the kids living on this house. We roam on streets hoping that people will give us money. After that, the money that we've collected will be handed out to our foster parents.

Mabuchi put an ice on my face with bruisses while Touma handed me a towel to wipe the water flowing down on my face.

"Iwaizumi-kun, can you stand up?" Futaba said

"I'll.... try"

I slowly stood up but I can still feel the pain on my stomach. Touma grabbed my hand stopping me from standing up.

"Don't push yourself." Mabuchi said

"Don't worry we'll just do the work today, okay? Just rest then we'll just divide the collection so that you can also give money later."

"You can't!" I said almost yelling

"Then how can you work? You can't even stand up" Touma worriedly said

"I'll do my best. I don't want them to punish you guys too."

"Fine. But we'll assist you and looked out for you every minute, okay?" Futaba said

"We're always here for you Iwaizumi. After all, we're your brothers and sister." Touma said

"If you need anything, just say it." Mabuchi added

They helped me stand up and walked our way on of the streets here in Miyagi prefecture. I roam my eyes and saw our foster dad looking at us ensuring that we won't plan on escaping them.

"Honey, are you okay? What happen to you? You're full of bruisses. You need to be treated. I'll help you go to the hospital."

The black shadow was about to grab my hand but I stopped her. I saw my foster dad signaling me that he will kill me if I'll agree to what the lady is proposing.

"No... I'm fine. I... just need... money for my family. I'm really fine." I said while stuttering

"Are you sure?"

"Yes maam."

She handed out a 1000 yen and patted my head. The lady left and I saw my foster dad coming towards me. He grabbed my shirt and we hid on one of the streets without people passing.

"How much did she gave you?"

I handed him the money that she gave and he suddenly punched me in the face. I lied down on the pavement while holding the part of my face that he hit.

"You're kidding me! She wants to help you to go to the hospital and pay for your bills but she only gave you a 1000 bill?!"

He started kicking my body while cursing me over and over. I yelled because of pain and begging him to stop. I saw another three shadows rushing and saw them stopping our foster dad.

"What the fuck are you three doing?! Do you want to get hit too?!"

He was about to punch Touma-san but Mabuchi grabbed his hand. Futaba saw a piece of steel on the side and hit our foster dad so hard. He lied down on the road and I can see lots of blood coming out from his head. Mabuchi and Touma grabbed both of my arms to help me run.

We started running as fast as we can to get away from our foster dad until we heard a sound of a gunshot....

We stopped running and saw Futaba lying on the ground loosing a lot of blood. Mabuchi and Touma quickly run towards Futaba to save her but I heard another two gunshots. Few mere seconds, I saw three bodies lying infront of me. I looked up and saw my foster dad few meters away from us holding a gun on his right hand.

I closed my eyes knowing that I'll be the next one to be shot. I heard him pulling the trigger but no bullet hit me. I looked at him and heard him cursing. I saw him getting something from his pocket and saw bullets on his hands.

I stood frozen where I'm standing and don't know what to do. I clenched my fist so hard waiting for my death and prayed that I'll just die fast so that I won't feel pain anymore.

"Run.... Iwaizumi-kun"

Futaba grabbed my feet and saw her looking up at me and smiling.

"Live happily"

The hand that was gripping my feet started loosening. I saw her smiled happily before closing her eyes and tears suddenly fell down from my cheeks. I grabbed their hands for the last time and kissed them and started running as fast as I can away from my foster dad while enduring body ache.

"Help me please!!! Help!!"

I screamed as loud as I can but it's no use. Most of the people are at work or at school. I kept on running until I saw a kid at my age on a park.

What I saw was light. Two years of seeing black shadows lingering around humans, for the first time, I saw light on that kid.

I was about to walk towards him but my mind went blank.

I was three when my Dad left.

I was five when I started getting bullied by my classmates because of my family situation.

I was eleven when me and my Mom was almost kicked out of the apartment.

I was fourteen when my Mom died and a new family adopted me.

I was fifteen when I was a victim of child abuse and child trafficking.

And I was sixteen when I first met him.