Farewell

"Your son.. attempted suicide."

Jun collapsed on his knees with this sudden news. He put both of his hands on his face trying to cover his tears flowing from his eyes. Another doctor went out of the emergency room where this doctor infront of Iwaizumi and Jun went out and called him out.

"Bokuto-san, he still needs to be transferred in the ICU room. His breathing is still unstable and---"

The doctor was cut off when he saw Jun kneeling on the floor crying.

"Eh? Uhm... excuse me? Are you feeling well?" The doctor looked confused asking the other doctor he called as Bokuto.

"Akaashi you cut me off while talking to him and now he's misunderstanding the situation about his son." Bokuto said while trying to shoo Akaashi away.

Akaashi frown his eyebrows and said,

"Okay. I'll just transfer his son on the ICU room so better hurry up cause you still have a patient to attend to."

Akaashi help the other nurse and then Jun and Iwaizumi saw a patient lying on a wheeled stretcher out of the emergency room.

"Isn't that my son?" Jun asked with a confused face.

"Yeah sorry I was cut off earlier. Your son commited suicide by trying to overdose his self with sleeping pills. Luckily, he was sent to the hospital quickly. He was barely breathing and his pulse rate was slow so we cleared his airway by inserting a breathing tube. We also pumped his stomach to remove the substances that he intake. As of now, he will be transferred to the ICU room so that we can observe and examine him well. He needs to take a lot of rest to recover. No visitors are allowed yet but rest assured we will contact you when he wakes up. Please excuse me."

Bokuto went on his way on one of the ICU rooms. Jun sighed in relief knowing his son is not in danger anymore. He looked at Iwaizumi and saw tears falling down on his face.

"I'm sorry Jun-san. This is all my fault. I'm really sorry"

Iwaizumi apologized to Jun over and over again trying to remove the guilt that he is feeling.

"No this is not your fault. It was my stupid' son's fault so no need to apologize"

Jun said trying to calm Iwaizumi who's sobbing so hard while kneeling.

"No. This is all my fault. I told Oikawa everything."

"What do you mean by everything?" Jun asked who's confused of what's happening.

"That I'm already ten years dead..."

Jun clenched his fist trying to calm his self from what he heard from Iwaizumi. He always remind Iwaizumi that he must not tell the truth to Oikawa that he's no longer living in this world. Jun knows that Oikawa is in love with Iwaizumi ever since Iwaizumi was kept in the mansion. Oikawa talks about him everyday even the tiniest details and sometimes are nonsense.

"That's fine. Sooner or later he will know your situation. He's dumb so it took this long for him to realize."

Jun tried to pat Iwaizumi's head but his hand just slipped to the other's body.

"Do you want to visit him secretly? No one will notice so it's fine, isn't it?"

Iwaizumi looked up and saw pain on the eyes of his long lost father.

"We've been separated for almost twenty years but I think Oikawa needs you the most right now. I'm still hoping you'll forgive me for everything that I have done to you and your mom. When Oikawa recovers, let's settle everything that had happened between our family. Is that alright with you?"

Iwaizumi just nodded and walked to where Oikawa's room is. He glanced back at his father and saw him waving a goodbye to him. Iwaizumi just bowed and went on his way to Oikawa.

He tried to hold the door knob but it's still no use. He did the sign of the cross knowing what he'll be doing is illegal. He glanced from the left and the right hallway before slipping through the walls of Oikawa's room. He saw a nasal cannula that is connected on his nose that is used to deliver oxygen on his body.

Iwaizumi sat beside Oikawa on the bed and tried to touch Oikawa's hands.

"Oikawa...." Iwaizumi paused not knowing what to say.

"Aren't you stupid for not noticing that I've been dead for almost ten years?" Iwaizumi forced a laugh not wanting to cry again.

"We played just the two of us in the mansion and the maids looked at you like you were out of your mind. We've been friends for almost ten years but we haven't gone outside to just have fun. Isn't that weird for you? It's not like Jun-san or Erika-san doesn't want to. It's just that people around us will look at you with disgust on their faces seeing a person talking to thin air." Iwaizumi stopped and wiped the tears that he didn't notice that were falling from his eyes already.

"The reason why I'm always dodging every question that you ask to confess to me and every move you make to get close to me is because it will not make any sense. I want you to get married, have kids and see you be a good father to them. I want you to live happily and have a fulfilling life that you can't experience if you're with me. I don't want you to choose me and in the end be devastated if you'll knew that I've been dead for this long. I tried everything to stopped you for not knowing it but I think that was the worst decision I've made in my entire life. I never knew you will do this trying to be with me in this side of the world."

Iwaizumi stood up from Oikawa's bed and stared at him with pain on his eyes.

"Please tell Jun-san that I already forgave him a long time ago. It's just that my anger overflowed when I knew he was my father who left us with nothing. My mom loved him so much and I think being angry with him right now will just make my mom worried wherever she is now." Iwaizumi bit his lips trying to suppress the sobs that he is making.

"I don't have much time Oikawa. Please realize that the two of us being together will just hurt the both of us."

Iwaizumi touched Oikawa's face and kissed his forehead for the last time.

"I love you and Goodbye"