Chapter 16

The Game

3rd Person P.O.V.
The silence inside the basketball court was intense. Everone, including MinYoung, was staring at the two young boys standing in the middle of the court. Yoongi was in position as Woon-Jae held onto the ball.

As soon as the whistle was heard, Woon-Jae started to dribble the ball making all his teammates cheer for him. MinYoung was the only one intensely staring at the competition. Woon-Jae started to move in the field. He was acting so fast that Yoongi didn't have time to think. Not even a couple of seconds passed and the ball was already sliding through the hoop.

All the guys were yelling as soon as Woon-Jae made a point. MinYoung stayed silent while keeping her eyes on Yoongi. She knew it must be hard for Yoongi because he hasn't played basketball for a while.

Yoongis grabbed the ball and started to dribble it. He knew he had to try and remember how to play. He kept on dribbling the ball as his eyes were set on Woon-Jae. Yoongi positioned himself so he could start running. Woon-Jae ran towards Yoongi to try and grab the ball away from his hand, but Yoongi was faster and slid to the side before Woon-Jae could arrive.

As soon as Woon-Jae lost balance, Yoongi ran towards the basketball hoop and threw the ball in making a goal. No one was cheering for the goal he made, not even MinYoung. Yoongi was hoping to hear at least something coming from MinYoung. He turned around to see an intensely silent girl smiling at him. After gaining energy from MinYoung's smile, Yoongi went back to focus on the game.

The ball was now dribbling in Woon-Jae's hands. Yoongi kept his focus on the ball and the way Woon-Jae was moving. Yoongi immediately went towards the ball, but Woon-Jae already started running towards the basketball hoop. Woon-Jae threw the ball from a far distance letting Yoongi some time to stop the ball from entering the hoop. Yoongi caught the ball and threw to the hoop on the other side making him win another point.

He smiled to himself knowing he only had one more point to go to finish the game and leave. Yoongi was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice that Woon-Jae was already running towards his hoop with the ball. Just as Yoongi started to run after him, the ball found itself sliding through the hoop.

Yoongi placed his hands on his knees as he wiped away a bit of sweat from his forehead. Woon-Jae and Yoongi were now tied. One of them had to get the last goal to win the game. This last match was going to be intense and everyone could feel it.

Yoongi let out a sigh and went back into position. He was now dribbling the ball with his right hand. His eyes were set on the hoop, but he didn't know how he would get there. Woon-Jae now knew all his tricks and he knew all of Woon-Jae's tricks. The only thing he could do now was to throw the ball from a far distance.

He took that risk and threw the ball with a hint of hope in getting the final point. Woon-Jae tried to jump and stop the ball but he failed as the ball went to the hoop. The ball entered the hoop and fell to the ground making a weak dribbling sound.

Yoongi's eyes widened as he stared at the ball which was now resting on the court. He could clearly hear Woon-Jae groaning at the defeat. A smile appeared on his face as he realized he won the game. He was going to turn around to see MinYoung, but she was already running up to him.

"Yoongi!!!"

Her arms automatically wrapped around his neck as Yoongi lifted her up and turned her around in happiness. He slowly put her down and hugged her tightly. This is what he wanted, her warmth. He wanted to keep on holding onto her, he didn't want to let go.

"You did well," He heard Woon-Jae say.

Yoongi had to unfortunately let go of MinYoung to face Woon-Jae. MinYoung turned around and glared at Woon-Jae. Woon-Jae was holding his hand out for Yoongi to shake. MinYoung looked at the hand and then at Woon-Jae and then at the hand again repeating her action a few times. She finally stopped when Yoongi stood in front of her.

"You should be on a team that treats you right, but for now, I will say sorry and earn your forgiveness." Said Woon-Jae.

"I will wait at the exit" Whispered MinYoung in Yoongi's ear before leaving.

"You've changed Woon-Jae. I never thought you would become so selfish, but that doesn't mean I won't forgive you." Said Yoongi grabbing Woon-Jae's hand and giving him a 'bro hug'.

"Find yourself a new team to work with and make your girlfriend happy." Said Woon-Jae.

"Girlfriend?"

"Isn't the girl your girlfriend?"

Yoongi looked up to MinYoung waiting at the exit. MinYoung caught him staring at her and smiled at him. A smile crept up Yoongi's face as he stared at MinYoung smiling at him.

"You can't tell me you guys aren't an item! Look at the way you're looking at her." Said Woon-Jae nudging Yoongi's arm.

Yoongi quickly snapped out of his long gazing and looked at Woon-Jae with wide eyes.

"I never thought you would find yourself someone. You were so mean and cold to every girl who approached you" Woon-Jae's gaze shifted to MinYoung. "You should go, she's waiting for you."

Yoongi nodded and left to go find MinYoung.

°°°

"What were you guys talking about? It took so long for you to come," asked MinYoung while walking beside Yoongi.

"Nothing."

"okay?"

The walk was silent for a couple of minutes before MinYoung started to speak.

"Yoongi?" Yoongi hummed in response. "I only have a few weeks left before leaving.."

Yoongi looked at MinYoung in confusion.

"That day, you said I could stay for a month."

"Stay until you get your memory back" Said Yoongi.

Yoongi didn't know what he was saying. The words escaped his mouth like that.

Suddenly, the talk he had with Woon-Jae popped up in his mind.

That day, at that exact moment, he realized his feelings which were kept locked away for so long.

A/N:
Yoongi has finally realized his feelings~

(J)Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote!

Bye Bye~