Chapter 19

Another Week

Yoongi's P.O.V.
"I know I'm being a burden, but please let me stay for one more week!" She said as she bowed at me.

"MinYoung,"

She stopped bowing and looked at me. She had her old backpack behind her back and she was holding on to a piece of paper. Her eyes were sparkling, not because of the light reflecting on them, but because tears were threatening to fall.

I was confused about why she was here. As I stared at her, I could tell how sad she looked. There were dark brown circles under her eyes showing that she's been crying. She must've felt alone.

Staring at her just made my heart shatter into pieces. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside the apartment. I slowly placed her on the sofa and headed towards the kitchen to get her some water. She must've rushed here, she needs to calm herself and drink some water.

I came back into the living room seeing her staring at the paper she was holding in her hand earlier. I placed the cup of water on the table and sat next to her leaving a small space between us.

"Can I have explanations?" I asked.

MinYoung turned around and stared at me. She showed me the paper as I grabbed it to see it. The paper she gave me was actually a letter. A letter from her father.

Letter:
Dear Lee MinYoung,

It has been more than a year, hasn't it? I hope you're doing well. You and your mother must have been working hard. I hope your sister is living happily.

I have finally started a life in Seoul and It is the best one for all of us. We won't have to work as hard to gain money because I've finally become the owner of a company.

Please come to Seoul and find me at the company named WINGS.

I hope to see you soon,

Dad.

After I read the letter, I understood why MinYoung was here. But I wasn't sure if the loan sharks were still after her. If they are, then it's too dangerous to go out.

"What about your sister?" I asked.

"They won't let me in. Each time I knock at their door, they slam it in my face. She has probably forgotten me." She turned her face to look at me. "Jimin doesn't know I'm here, he thinks I'm home. The first thing I thought of when I saw the letter was to come and see you. Can you please help me Yoongi?"

Her eyes were sparkling. The way she was looking at me showed how much she needed me.

I stood up and grabbed her wrist. She was shocked but I brushed that off and started to walk towards my room. As we arrived, I placed my body on my bed. My hand was still holding onto MinYoung's hand while she stood there confusingly staring at me laying on the bed.

"I will help you find your father, but you need to rest. Come sleep." I said as I let go of her and patted the open space next to me.

MinYoung's face was tainted light pink as she looked at the free spot and then me. She turned around to leave but I grabbed her wrist again and pulled her to the bed.

She was now laying on her side with my arms wrapped around her. Her back was facing me while I placed my chin on her head. I can't feel her heartbeat but I'm definitely sure she can hear mine. It's the first time I've tried so hard to get to a girl.