Episode 15

Chapter 15

"Nonsense Ragini! I did not know you're now a liar as well. I'm standing right at the door of Miss Kavita's house. Where the hell are you? " Laksh shouted through the phone.

"I'm really with Miss Kavita."

"Ragini! It's almost 11 o'clock and you're telling me you're with Miss Kavita?" Laksh simply did not believe her: "Are you sure you are not with Nikhil?"

"What Nikhil?" She had no idea what Laksh was talking about, and who was Nikhil?

Beside her, Kavita stretched out her hand and took the cell phone from Ragini." Hello Laksh, hope you having a good evening."

Hearing Kavita's voice from Ragini's phone, he relaxed for a bit, but just for a little while.

He had simply asked her to do some work outside the office and this lady didn't return to the office the whole day. It was impossible to reach her on phone too. Immediately after work, he drove straight home, thinking she had gone back to the house instead of returning to the office. He opened the door and alas! He was met with total darkness. She wasn't home yet and she wasn't at the office either?

Still very angry and unexpectedly, he received a call, Kavya was back!

Laksh was pleasantly surprised, he was being invited to dinner. The dinner had been on his mind the whole day, he had to pass by the house to freshen up and get ready. But it was almost 11 o'clock and this damn woman wasn't home yet!

Nikhil! Is this damn woman with Nikhil?

He rushed to Nikhil's house, but he wasn't even around. Then he remembered, he had sent her on an errand to Kavita's house earlier in the day. And Kavita's house wasn't so far from Nikhil's end, he decided to walk there.

Laksh couldn't find her there either. He had been dialling her number incessantly, more than 20 times without being able to connect to her number.

"It's extremely late, how could she still be with you?" Knowing that Ragini had been with Kavita all along brought him some relief but it was short lived. The mere thought that Ragini had the guts to stay out this late without his knowledge of her whereabouts, and causing him to look everywhere for her got him furious all over again. He angrily asked Kavita over the phone, "Where did you take her?"

Kavita was stunned ... Laksh, although usually cold and rude, always behaved politely and acted like a gentleman around her. He had never raised his voice at her.

A flicker of disbelief washed over her face ... does Laksh really hate Ragini that much?

"Be rest assured Laksh, how can I abduct such a fully grown woman? But it's already late, Ragini will spend the night with me. You need not to worry about her safety. She would be at work early tomorrow morning in one peace."

Laksh barked into the phone: "No way! Don't bother, where is she now? I will come get her."

Kavita lifted her eyes in Ragini's direction, implying that the ball was in her court, she needed to make her own decisions.

Could she be discharged in this condition?

Ragini was caught up in her thoughts. She couldn't allow Laksh to come to the hospital. Once that happens, she would be exposed and her secret would be no longer hidden.

Taking the phone from Kavita's hands, Ragini mustered up the courage to speak up for herself. The first time ever in three years, she refused to do Laksh's bidding: "Sir, do not worry about me, Miss Kavita and I are out to get something to eat. You don't need to pick me up, and my cell phone is out of power so bye."