Episode 36

Chapter 36

"Stop" Laksh's harsh voice sounded from behind her. "Have you forgotten the warning I gave you?"

Her father was shocked. "But why can't she go in and see her sister, after all her sister just delivered"

Laksh's expression was unreadable as he said "I cannot allow her to be a danger to Ragini"

"Danger? How can seeing her own sister be of any danger?"

Laksh was beside himself with anger "Do you even know that Ragini doesn't eat spicy food? Or that her favourite colour is white? Do you even remember her real birthday?"

Kavya suddenly went pale with fear. Sensing that Laksh might go ahead and reveal all what she had done, she hurriedly stopped him from speaking further.

"Don't worry Laksh, I won't go and see my sister."

Ragini's parents were speechless, but Laksh continued.

"I specifically gave you the address of the hospital when Ragini delivered. But did you even bother to come and visit her? No! I had wanted you to come so I personally inform you that Ragini is suffering from advanced Stomach cancer"

Her parents continued to remain in shock. Their daughter had stomach cancer and they didn't even know. Even Kavya was shocked by this bit of news herself.

"I, we ..."

"Don't bother to say anything. For the fact that both Ragini and the baby are alive is still a miracle. My only request is that, if you cannot bring yourself to love your own daughter like a parent should do, then there's no need for you to ever show your face in front of Ragini again. She will definitely get all the love and care she needs from me"

At the end, Laksh only allowed Ragini's mother to go in and see her and the baby. When they were finally leaving, resentment was written all over Kavya's face

...

Three months later

Ragini was still getting used to her new life with Laksh: Looking up at him from the sofa she said "Laksh, I want to go home, I don't enjoy staying in your office with you all day without doing anything, and it's so boring..."

"Good I like it this way, and what's wrong with staying by my side all day."

"But ..."

"No, but.'

The man stood firm and said, "Just stay with me and stay where I can see you all day. Otherwise, who knows when that Nikhil guy might decide to start hanging around you again?"

As they were talking, Ragini's phone rang. Ragini was about answering the call when Laksh beat her to it and pick her phone up. He looked at the caller ID and his face immediately frowned in displeasure.

"Yes Nikhil! He answered. What do you want and why are you calling Ragini's number."

Nikhil laughed "Can't I call my friend anymore, and besides she's not your wife so I can call her anytime I want"

Laksh not only hanged up on him, but he angrily turned off the phone as well.

"What the hell did you do that for? Ragini demanded.

"Don't make me angry Ragini, behave yourself."