Episode 19

Nikhil smiled and glanced at her: "You don't have to be so nervous, even if your illness is that serious, you have no problem if my friend is the one going to treat you."

Nikhil could tell from Ragini's tense appearance that she was concerned about her stomach problem. He had no idea and couldn't have possibly imagined that hers wasn't just a stomach problem but actually cancer.

"Not me," Ragini hesitated for a bit before adding "I have advanced stomach cancer."

"Oh, advanced stomach cancer, yes, don't worry ... What the hell?! You mean stomach cancer?" Nikhil lost control of the while for a split second and the car skidded off the road, almost hitting an oncoming vehicle. He was able to gain control of the wheel just in the nick of time.

"Well ..."

"Do not worry, let my friend take a look at your condition first, you will surely receive the help you need."

Ragini's stomach gave a very strange sound as she winced in pain. Nikhil turned to look at her, her colour was not looking right. "We will be there soon, don't worry."

Nikhil increased his speed, not wanting to cause any further delays.

"Is this the place?" Ragini got out of the car and looked up at the building in front of her.

"This is the place, my friend's private hospital. The place is not very big though, but it has all the complete modern equipment."

Having just one umbrella, Nikhil picked it up and held it above Ragini's head as they walked into the building. Nikhil was completely wet now.

Ragini did not notice, but immediately they got inside the hospital, Rajat jokingly looked sharp-eyed at them and was about to comment on Nikhil being all wet, when Nikhil gave him the eye, meaning, be silent and mute.

You are a doctor and I've brought you a patient. This is Ragini, who has stomach cancer. I remember you've cured several patients with advanced gastric cancer. Take a look at her condition and do the best you can.

"What do you mean?" Rajat all this while listening to Nikhil speak realized something wasn't adding up. He critically looked at Ragini, took hold of her wrist and checked her pulse. He stood that way for a long time until he finally asked ... "You're not just suffering from stomach cancer, are you?" You're pregnant too.

"He deduced that from the rate of her pulse. He must have missed this bit of information on the day of the accident because he didn't have enough time to do a thorough examination.

Nikhil almost jumped!

"Ragini is pregnant? The only woman he's been able to even get close to in 20 years is pregnant? Who was responsible for that?"

He remembered Laksh.

Squinting at her, he asked: "Is Laksh the one responsible?"

Ragini startled: "Do you know him?"

"Ah" understanding drowned on him, of course. "Furious within himself, Nikhil felt like strangling Laksh to death: "You being pregnant, does he know?"

Ragini shook her head.

"And the stomach cancer?"

Ragini continued shaking her head.

"Damn it Laksh! Apart from making money, he didn't know how to do anything else. His own woman is pregnant and he didn't have any idea, she has stomach cancer and still no idea, how?"

"I don't want anyone to know". Ragini said: "Please help me keep it a secret."

"And ... I'm not here to try and stay alive, I want to keep the baby in my belly. " The doctor at the first hospital she consulted told her even if she does not abort the child now, she may not live for three months."

Her stomach cancer was discovered too late, and she was unable to use medication because of her baby, which indirectly is cutting down her life even further.

"Can the combination of traditional and western medicine help me stay alive long enough to keep this child for at least eight months old? Then at eight months, you can induce caesarean section." Now if that kind of medicine combination is developed, the child's chance to live will be very big.

Nikhil and Rajat looked at her in surprise, she was insane to be thinking like that.

"Do you want to die?" Nikhil screamed at her: "The child will be aborted, Rajat will treat your stomach cancer, and your chances of living will be greater."

Ragini shook her head: "No, I want to have this child." She stepped back two steps, and suddenly bowed down respectfully toward Rajat and said: "Please, help me to extend my life, until the child is born."

Nikhil turned to look at the side of the building for a long while...

"For Laksh?" He asked.

Ragini was silent.

Ann raised her head and stared at Nikhil: "Laksh does not own me. I just want to simply have this baby. I am actually very selfish, I want to leave behind this little life so that when I'm gone I can still have my own blood living on."

"Are you ready to make this decision?" Nikhil asked gravely.

Rajat was somewhat surprised at Nikhil's attitude.

"Well, I don't regret it." Ragini replied.

Ragini's forehead, was dripped in cold sweat. Rajat before thought it was because of the rains outside, but now found something to be terrible wrong: "stomach ache? What did you eat last night? "

"A piece of spicy chicken ..."

"You do know you have stomach cancer, don't you?" Ragini did not finish speaking when Rajat scolded: "Whether you want to keep living or not is up to you, but if you want to safely give birth to this child, then you need to cherish your own life some more. Stay away from anything spicy."

Ragini, being scolded did not say a word.

Nikhil asked Ragini to be sent back home immediately.

"Nikhil, I thought you were at least going to be better than Laksh. Just let it go? Think about what you are about to do. This is not like you, it's not your style. "

Nikhil smoked a cigarette: "Ragini is a woman I wish I could have. But her heart, is obviously not for me. Laksh has his own arrogance, I too do have my own pride."

"No regrets?"

"No regrets."

At this time, Nikhil's answer was very firm, he absolutely did not think, one day, he will regret it!

Two months later...

Ragini was now five months pregnant, her belly had begun to show already.

But because of the cancer, her belly, if not carefully looked at, one would not be able to see that this woman was five months pregnant.

Days passed by and Ragini actively cooperated with Rajat's treatment. Kavita, no matter how busy she was, always accompanied her to the hospital for her treatments and check-ups.

Laksh never returned to the "Orchid Court" since the day he went there to have dinner with Kavya's family.

Ragini did not know if this was an illusion, but at work, Laksh tried as much as possible to avoid her.

Julie had become the president's personal secretary now and Ragini had moved into the general office for all the secretaries.

Laksh was avoiding her. She knows. For every day that passes by at the office, Ragini only gets to see Laksh a few times. He only communicates what work she should do directly through Julie.

"Ragini, this information needs to be typed out." Julie dropped a thick document on Ragini's desk: "Give it to me before you close from work." She turned to leave after coldly giving that command.

Tina looked at the thick document, and couldn't help but speak out: Julie, are you okay? What the heck is this? Is this not the unwanted data information of last month?"