kidnapped

the vampire diaries 2x08 Rose

Slowly allowing her eyes to open Elena Gilbert found herself lying on a couch with someone on the opposite side, their face hidden. Reaching out Elena tried shaking them awake whispering, "Hey, hey are you okay?" The brunette moved the body just enough to see a girl who's face shocked her, "Rowan?"

Knowing she was in more danger being here Elena shook her more, "Rowan, it's me, Elena wake up." Feeling her head throbbing Rowan began to stir awake hearing, "Rowan please wake up."

Rowan's eyes opened meeting Elena's along with a burning on her wrist, "Ow! What the hell is this thing? It burns, Elena get it off."

Swiftly Elena grabbed her wrist trying to help but as soon as she did it burned her as well, "Ow! I can't get it off."

Looking around fearfully Rowan asked, "Where are we? Why are we here?"

Elena hesitated a moment before she told Rowan, "I'm not sure, you want to go find out? Maybe they can get this bracelet off you."

"Okay," Rowan agreed before following behind Elena rubbing her wrist trying to dull the pain as she went along. They silently crept through the abandoned home.

They were about to walk in a doorway when they heard someone, a female begin to speak, "How did it go?" Before Elena walked in front of the door she grabbed her hand pulling her back.

"I don't think that's a good idea," she warned Elena who nodded.

"Still passed out," another voice, a male answered his accent thick just like the female before him.

"You didn't touch them, did you," the woman asked. For a moment the male said nothing, "You know if you hurt either one of them, especially the Davis girl he will kill us if she's hurt."

Both girls felt fear creep in as they heard the words, Elena looked back at Malai confused on why the would have taken her. "Give me some credit," the male defended as the two girls stepped into the doorway. "So, did you called him," he asked from his spot on the worn out couch.

The pixie cut female walked around the room trying to clean up the place a bit, "No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works."

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah," the male asked.

The female just shrugged, "They say he got it."

"Wonderful and what," he asked.

Sighing, tired of repeating of herself she said, "So that's it Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait."

"Look, it's not too late. We can leave them here. We don't have to go through with this," the man, Trevor who they had heard his name said nervously.

"I'm sick of running," the female groaned.

Trevor just threw his head back a little, "Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying." Knowing now was their only chance Elena grabbed Rowan's hand leading her towards the door.

"Elijah's old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free," the female replied before they could get far they made a creaking noise against the old floor.

Both Elena and Rowan wince knowing they had been caught, "You! There's nothing around here from miles. If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?"

"Who's Elijah," Elena asked stepping away from Rowan.

Simply she replied, "He's your worst nightmare." Rowan stood in the doorway still nervous as the woman in front of her spoke.