broken heart

the vampire diaries 2x18 the last dance

Rowan let out a sigh looking at the students dressed in the costumes heading inside the school. After they met to create their plan Rowan went home to get dressed, and now, as she stood there she was scared. Everything in her said run, don't go in. Go to your dad tell him what was happening and the two of them would run away.

But she couldn't get her feet to move at all, "Rowan," a voice shouted out to her. Turning she saw Damon approaching her a concerned look on his face, "You okay?"

Doing the same thing she always did, Rowan lied, "Yeah. I'm good."

Deciding to allow her to come to him when she wanted Damon nodded, "Okay, well come on Charmed, we gotta meet up with the Scooby gang."

Rowan chuckled before following him over to their group, "You guys ready to do this," Damon asked. They all nodded heading inside to the dance, which was in full swing, music blasting, people dancing, the works.

"Thanks for being here, everybody," Dana said into the mic and the kids broke out into a bunch of shouts and cheers. "We have a special shout-out tonight."

Rowan wasn't paying attention to her much at all as she continued to search the crowd for Klaus. Breaking her concentration she heard, "This is for Rowan Davis." Immediately she snapped towards her as Dana added, "From Klaus." 

Almost instantly Rowan felt her anxiety kick in as her breath became heavier. Fear crept inside her mind as she felt her world start to spin she couldn't hear anything. Her eyes scanned the room jumping from face to face trying to find him but he wasn't anywhere.

She was so unfocused she didn't even notice Damon had pulled her away from her friends and over to Alaric. It wasn't until she heard him say, "Special dedication, huh? This guy's a little twisted," that she noticed she had been moved.

Damon looked around the room telling him, "I'm not impressed."

Taken back Alaric asked, "No?"

"Let me know if you see anything out of whack. Rowan stay here, don't get in trouble," he ordered she nodded watching as he walked away.

"How you doing with all of this," Alaric asked the witch.

Letting out a sigh Rowan said, "Terrified, if I'm honest. But Bonnie showed me some spells, trying to teach me control. I think I learned one though."

Curious he inquired the girl, "Which one?"

Rowan pressed her lips together before wondering, "Do you wanna see?" Alaric nodded, gesturing Rowan told him to follow her out of the gym. She walked into the nearest empty classroom with the teacher following behind.

"So, what's the spell," he asked her seeing the bright smile on her face.

"It's a surprise," she told him, seeing how close he stood she said, "You might wanna back up a bit, I wanna be careful here." Alaric nodded moving back, Rowan closed her eyes mumbling quietly, "Begun preitori speculo.."

Alaric, or rather Klaus watched as the ceiling faded away and the night sky filled with hundreds of stars appeared above. As her eyes opened Rowan laughed impressed by her own spell, "I love that one, it makes sleeping easier. It's probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

Letting it slip he replied looking directly at Rowan while she looked up at the sky she created, "Yeah, the most beautiful." Once again Rowan locked eyes with him chuckling a bit.

____

After her moment of peace Rowan could only feel terror and paranoia, Klaus was here and she knew it. She felt like everywhere she turned he was going to be there.