gave me everything

the vampire diaries 2x22 as I lay dying

Rowan watched as Klaus cut his hand with a knife letting his blood drip into a vial. "There it is," Klaus told Stefan, "You want to save your brother? How 'bout a decade-long bender? And I have big plans for you when we leave this town."

"I'm not like that anymore," Stefan said standing at the end of Alaric's kitchen table while Katherine stood on the other side of the room holding Rowan as she had been told.

Klaus tilted his head humorlessly, "Well, that's too bad. You would have made a hell of a wingman."

He took the vial pouring it down the drain making Stefan protest, "Wait."

Klaus stopped pouring the vial down the drain, "Now that's more like it. I want you to join me for a drink." Klaus took a blood bag sliding it down towards Stefan who ripped the string off it and took a sip of it. "Finish it. All of it," he ordered Stefan who froze, "You do everything I say, and I save your brother. That's the deal."

Klaus grabbed another sliding it down to him Stefan, "again."
____

Rowan watched in disgust as Stefan was thrown yet another blood bag onto the ground. She knew how much Stefan never wanted to be a ripper ever again. Now Klaus was trying to force him into being the one thing he feared the most. "You're very cooperative. It's almost as if you're enjoying it," Klaus taunted as he threw him another blood bag.

No longer being able to stand there and do nothing Rowan begged, "Give him the cure, he's done everything you wanted."

Klaus smirked looking at her but said nothing, "No more," Stefan said stopping him from even responding, "Not until you give me the cure."

The hybrid looked back at Stefan, "Not until we make a deal. It's your choice, Stefan. You can either remain here living your life in Mystic Falls, or you can embrace what you truly are, leave town with me, and save your brother's life."

Despite not wanting to do it Stefan took the blood bag and drank it, "That's the spirit." Klaus took the vial with his blood and looked at Katherine, "Sweetheart," He compelled her, "Take this over to Damon and come right back."

Surprised Katherine questioned, "You want me to leave?"

"No," both Stefan and Rowan yelled.

"Yes and if I were you," he began but Katherine took it and disappeared before he finished. "I'd hurry," he finished sitting down in the chair.

"She'll never take it to him. She'll never take it to him," Stefan repeated over and over as Rowan just stared at the spot her Katherine stood.

Rowan turned to Klaus, "Can I tell my friends goodbye? I'll come right back, I made you a deal."

"Now why would I let you do that when I've only just found you," Klaus said with a smirk.

"Because you would kill my father the moment I didn't return," she told him making a fair point.

Klaus nodded knowing she was right, "Correct, you may go, but let's not dilly dally love." Rowan nodded walking out of the apartment but not before giving Stefan one last look.

____

Elena sat in the Salvatore living room drinking coffee attempting to digest everything that had happened in the past 48 hours. Hearing the door open she immediately turned around to see her brunette friend who had been missing since last night, "Rowan!"

Elena got up running towards her hugging her tightly, "I was so worried, I thought Klaus got you. How'd you get away?" As she pulled away and saw the look on her face she said sadly, "You didn't get away did you?"

Tearfully Rowan said, "I didn't, he just let me say goodbye and I had to see you."

Elena shook her head not wanting to believe her friend was leaving her too, "Because in truth I don't think were ever gonna see each other again and I had to tell you that don't need to feel guilty for us falling out of touch. You could've fought like hell for me and I still would've walked away. And I need you to move on with your life and let me go, I don't want you dying for a chance at my freedom."

Honest Elena refused, "I can't let you disappear forever Rowan."

Knowing she was running out of time Rowan huffed hugging Elena whispering to her, "Be safe El, I love you." Before Elena could do anything Rowan turned away heading towards the door. She was just about to reach it when Damon speed in front of her cutting off her path.

"You're not going anywhere Rowan," Damon warned.

Elena stepped forward, "Let her go Damon, we don't have a choice."

Looking down he said, "Like hell, we just got her back. I'm not losing her again."

Warningly Rowan stated, "Move out of my way Damon."

"No, I'm not letting you go," he refused.

Rowan narrowed her eyes at him saying, "I am so sick of men telling me what I can and can't do, as if they have a choice." The brunette raised her hand making Damon freeze unable to move, using her powers Rowan pushed him against the wall holding him there. "Hope to see you soon Damon, thank you," she told him heading towards the door.

Confused he asked, "For what? We lost."

Looking back she explained, "You guys gave me everything, I'm just sorry it couldn't last." Turning her back this time with no argument she walked out of the mansion believing it would be the last time she would see them ever again.

____

"So... Did Katerina make it in time," Klaus asked as her and Stefan stood in a warehouse.

Sadly as she returned Rowan said, "Yeah she did, Damon will be fine."

"What is it you really want from me," Stefan questioned standing in front of Klaus.

Klaus put his hand on Stefan's shoulder and replied, "All will be explained in time, for both of you. Once we leave this tragic little town."

In a dark mood Stefan said, "Then are we done here? Can we go?"

"Not quite," Klaus began. "You see, I have a gift for you," he turned around carrying on the conversation, "Come here, sweetheart. Don't be afraid." He told a girl who came out from behind a corner having no choice in the matter. "See, I wanna make sure you honor our deal... That you'll be of use to me," Klaus bites the girl's neck drinking her blood.

Klaus, with his eyes their new yellow and his fangs dripping with blood went on to explain, "I could have compelled her to behave, but a real ripper enjoys the hunt." The male hybrid let the girl go letting her run for her life only for Stefan to cut her off in the end.

Realizing what he was going to do Rowan went to stop him, "Stefan no!" Before she could do anything Stefan dug his fangs into the girls neck draining her of her blood.

After he killed the girl Rowan and Klaus walked up to him as Klaus said happily, "Now we can go." Just like that they were on the move, Rowan had no clue where she was going or when she'd see her friends or father again but at least she knew they were safe. That was all she could really ask for?