joining the fray

the vampire diaries 2x09 katerina

Elena Gilbert sat on the couch as the three vampires stood in front of her. The brothers standing on the opposite sides of Rose, yes the woman who had kidnapped her and her old friend. Even after they got home Rowan went straight home to her father and had been avoiding her and her friends more so than ever.

Rose began to speak telling them all, "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he," questioned Elena.

Damon who was leaning on the desk explaining to her, "He's one of the originals, he's a legend."

Adding on to his brother statement Stefan told his girlfriend honestly, "From the first generation of vampires."

"Like Elijah," Elena spoke up curiously.

Rose shook her head replying back, "No. Elijah was the least of any compared to Klaus. He's a foot soilder. Klaus is a real deal."

Informing her confused stare Stefan said, "Klaus is known to be the oldest."

Masking how shaken up she felt Elena clarified, "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after us?"

Rose replied, "Yes," just as Stefan answered over her, "No."

Elena nodded her head as Damon moved over explaining to her, "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."

"Which it is," Rose defended her information.

"And you're not just saying it so I don't kill you," Damon retorted.

Rose once more defended telling him, "Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe," the brother told her.

Elena took a deep breath as the younger Salvatore reasoned sitting next to her, "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even know that either of you exist."

Countering Rose pointed out to them, "Not that you know off."

"That's not helping," Damon warned the female vampire.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time stories."

Annoyed with them not believing her Rose said hitting her hand off her leg, "He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."

"Aright, we're shaking. You made your point," Damon told her.

Elena got up making her way towards the door, as she did Stefan asked her, "Where are you going?"

Simply putting it Elena replied, "To school. I'm late."

Getting up with them Stefan sighed, "Let me grab my stuff, I'll go with you."

"It's okay, I know where it is," Elena said coldly as she walked out of the house.

As she left shutting the door behind them Damon leaned over whispering to the female vampire, "She's in denial."

Stefan looked back at his brother squinting his eyes at him, "Shut up, Damon."
____

Rowan shut her locker swiftly moving to go to her next class doing her normal day to say schedule. After she got home from her ordeal with her old friend and the Salvatore's Rowan went home to her dad and told him she fell asleep at the library and went straight to school the next day.

Her and her father were close, but he didn't even know about her powers, how could he know about what she'd been through? He'd only be terrified for her and she didn't want him to worry.

Rowan wasn't paying attention so when she was grabbed and pulled into an empty room she immediately became scared. The brunette was about to scream when she saw it was her old friends Elena and Caroline Forbes. "What the hell are you two doing," Rowan snapped at them.

Speaking up the brunette said, "We want to help you figure out why Elijah wanted you."

Shrugging Rowan told her, "I don't want to know, knowing will only make things worse. Sorry, I don't want to go looking for the people we're trying to kidnap me. Are far as we know they're not coming back so just leave it and me alone." When the two didn't say anything Rowan went to walk away, "Now if you excuse me I have to get to class."

"Rowan come on," Elena protested.

Before she could leave Caroline stepped in front of her, "Rowan I know you, you were never one to back down. You were never one to hide." The brunette paused not knowing how to respond as the blonde added on, "Rowan you don't have to do this alone, we're here."

Rowan scoffed, "Don't pretend to care about me, none of you did. How long was it before you guys gave up on me? A few days? I was ten going through everything alone, and you guys didn't even notice. I was invisible to everyone. Now after seven years I'm supposed to believe you guys are gonna help me?"

Caroline looked back at Elena who nodded, looking back at Rowan she said, "We messed up, we were kids Rowan. Let me ask you something, how's it been trying to control what you are by yourself?" Rowan looked away pressing her lips together, "Exactly, maybe all you need to help control it are people to help you. Let us help you."

The brunette paused for a moment before she answered, "Fine, I'll go." Both Elena and Caroline smiled at each other relieved. The two tried to leave but before they did Rowan said, "But you guys have to understand something."

Looking back Elena replied, "Of course what is it?"

"This doesn't make us friends," Rowan clarified her tone too serious to even think of trying to debate her. Adding on she told them, "This makes us allies with a common goal. I am only helping you guys so I can hopefully help myself, when I want out we all go right back to what we are. Strangers, you guys forget about me and I fade into the background. Got it?"

"If that's what you want then okay," Elena agreed before the three began to leave.