my path

the vampire diaries 2x19 Klaus

"There's a whole family of Originals," Rowan realized in complete and utter shock as Elijah stood up from his seat.

Fixing his suit he explained briefly as possible, "My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children."

"So your parents were human?"

Elijah gave a slight nod and said, "Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know... We're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us all, vampires were created."

"Right, but Klaus is your brother," Elena repeated again still in confusion with everything, "And you want him dead?"

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad... dead. Come," he told dryly them leading them outside. The girls walked closely by him as he told them, "So as you've seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not Sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned."

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from," Rowan concluded reasonably.

Elijah nodded confirming, "Yes. The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance."

"So the Sun can't kill an Original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the Sun and Moon curse," Elena asked.

Elijah chuckled a bit mocking, "Right. The curse of the Sun and the Moon. It's all so... Biblical-sounding, don't you think?"

"What's so funny," Rowan asked him frustrated with his tone. Elijah went on to explain they had drawn the drawings that had been found about the sun and moon curse. "I don't understand. So Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about the curse," Rowan asked confused.

"Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting in it," he explained to them.

Elena shook her head confused questioning, "But why?"

Being simple in his explanation Elijah told them, "Easiest way to discover the existence of a doppelgänger or to get your hands on some long, lost moon stone is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout."

Rowan let out a scoff knowing what he and his brother hand done, "So it's not Aztec at all," Elena asked still not putting it together.

"The curse of the sun and the Moon...doesn't exist, does it," Rowan told her.

Elena formed a look of shock and confusion, "What?!"

Elijah said nothing more before crossing the small bridge being followed closely behind by the two girls. The vampire nodded at her, "Klaus and I faked the Sun and Moon curse dating back over a thousand years," he explained as they walked by the Lockwood pond.

"But if there's no curse..."

"There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus," Rowan and Elena stopped dead in her tracks not believing what she heard for a moment.

"What are you talking about," Elena asked.

"Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. You are his only hope," he explained to both girl turning around.

Rowan asked carrying on, "What is this curse?"

Not answering her he replied, "Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please," he said giving Elena the phone.