caught in the act

the vampire diaries 2x10 the sacrifice

Rose–Marie rubbed Alice's hand comfortingly as the human tried to regain her composure. Getting up Rose walked into another room where Elena was pouring hot water into teacups mainly for Rowan who seemed to be unhinged seeing her first dead body.

The vampire sat down next to Rowan saying, "She found him a few minutes before we did."

Curious the doppelgänger asked her, "How is she?"

"Overreacting. Big time," Rose answered earning looks from both the girls.

The witch, taken back by her harshness replied, "Her boyfriend just died and she found his body. There's no such thing as overreacting."

Explaining why she was so cold Rose–Marie said, "The tears are for her. She didn't care of Slater. She was only dating him long enough to see if he'll turn her."

Rowan opened her mouth a bit as she turned around looking at Alice. An idea coming to her mind she grabbed the cup of tea Elena walked out of the room towards Alice and handed her the cup.

Looking up at her Alice said, "Thank you." Alice took the cup of tea as the doppelgänger sat down next to her. Alice looked at her with an air of familiarity, "You look really familiar. Did you know Slater?"

Elena opted out to saying carefully, "Not personally, no. I just knew that he kept detail records of all of his vampire's contacts and I was hoping that he could point me towards Klaus."

Shaking her head Alice said, "Doubtful. Klaus doesn't want to be pointed at."

"Do you know Slater's computer password," Elena asked bluntly as Rowan and Rose watched them.

Angered by her questioned Alice harshly said, "Are you seriously asking me that right now? I just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart."

With a roll of eyes Elena said, "Yeah I got that. Now, do you know his password?"

Snapping at her Alice asked, "Who do you think you are?" Alice looked away from Elena taking a sip of her tea as she glanced over at Rose and her eyes light up with an idea.

Looking back to Alice she asked her, "What if I could convince Rose to turn you?" Excited to hear her words she looked back up at her, Rose, hearing what Elena had said, looked over at her, disdainfully. Rowan watched intrigued by her offer, "Will you show us his files then?"
____

Alice sat at Slater's desk had managed to log on to his computer, but all the files had been deleted. Elena, Rowan and Rose stood behind her, watching her eager to find out, "Someone's been here. The hard disc is completely wiped out."

"Probably by the one who killed him," Rose said making Elena run a hand over her face and turning away.

"Lucky for you, Slater was paranoid. Everything's backed up on a mode server," Alice informed the girls.

Rose grabbed Rowan pulling her over by her friend speaking warningly softly, "You know that she's not going anywhere near of my blood, right?"

Giving her a simple explanation Elena replied, "I know but she doesn't." Rowan gave her friend a smirk as she walked past Rose, Elena leaned down next to Alice to look at the computer screen.

Alice continued scrolling through the files, "Kristen Stewart. God, was it obvious," she said.

Looking at all the files Rowan asked her, "These are all leads to vampires?"

"Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me."

Rose pointing at the computer said as she and Rowan hung behind the girl watching, "What about that one: Cody Webber? They exchanged dozens of emails about Elijah."