Chapter One: Herobrine

I never thought that something like this would happen to me. This was never how I thought life would take me. Everything was fine until we came to a small village in a mountainous oak wood forest.
I was with my cousin James at the time.He's very tall, has tanned skin, and his hair is dirty blonde with a short, but spiky haircut. He likes to wear a red and black shirt with customized black armour.
When we found the village we both agreed that it would be a great place to settle. The village was small with very few villagers, but it had that huge house by the library that James loved to claim for himself, despite the fact that some villager already claimed it first. I wanted to build my own house, so I found a great area surrounded by trees,mountains circling around, and a big lake in the middle.
As days went by, I lived in James's house while my house was still in progress. Although it might as well have been my house. James was never really around. He was more into exploring, and he liked to go out a lot. I on the other hand was more of a building type. Building to me was fun, and I liked following building recipes to build something big and awesome. My family always told me to do more than build, but I just ignored them. After all, what do they know? They never even gave it a try. I wonder what they'd say now? If they were still here at least.
Anyway, enough about my life story. This story is about how I came to be Herobrine's assistant. So lets get right into it shall we?

It was an ordinary day like any other, or so I thought. James was about to go on another big journey. I helped him pack for the trip.
   "Are you sure you have everything?" I asked.
   "I'll be fine Ella, you don't have to worry about me," James reassured. "I'll be back before you know it."
  "Okay, but please come back soon; ever since the villagers here disappeared it's been a legit ghost town without you."
  "At least they left all their food for the taking," James joked. "You know how I love baked potatoes."
   I chuckled "Alright, I'll take your word for it."
A wave goodbye and he was gone. I never thought that James leaving would trigger something serious.
As I watched James pass the hill up front, I then went to go gather supplies for my house. Walking down the abandoned village path was pleasant, and calming. I was actually starting to think that having a village all to yourself was pretty cool.
A few more birch logs and I'll head back, I thought. Just as I was chopping down my last birch tree I heard a loud BOOM! It was followed by a loud shriek from yours truly. At first I thought it was from me, but as I processed my thoughts I knew it wasn't true. I figured that it was from a creeper exploding, so I shrugged it off and continued my work.
Later on in the day I crafted myself some planks and got to work. The plan for my house was my own. A big porch supported by four wooden poles would hold up the building. I planned to have a back door leading to the lake in the back, and a long dock across it. Stairs would be going up at the front, and fences would be surrounding a patio in the remaining space of the porch.
I got to work on the plan, but as I was about to finish a section of the house, a loud KA-BOOM came out of the sky. Facing the directions it came from, I looked up in shock to see if anything was there; Nothing. I couldn't figure out what was happening. How was there thunder when nothing but clear blue skies were above my head? Maybe I'm just hearing things? I thought in my head.
Unfortunately, I wasn't. Just as I looked up to the sky, all of the trees around me suddenly lost every single leaf on their branches! At this rate I was in a state of  shock. How was all of this happening right before my eyes? I tried to find a good logical reason for this to happen. The only thing I could think of was, James!
   "Okay James, the joke is over!" I hollered. "I don't know how you're doing this, but it's not funny anymore." I waited for a response. Silence filled the area, so quiet you could hear a creeper from miles away.
Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from behind me. "Very funny Ja-," I stopped.
At first I thought it was James, but one glance at him and I knew who he was. The blue shirt and pants, the brown hair, and of course the clear white eye. I realized that standing in front of me, was the the most feared supernatural being of all time. Herobrine.