Chapter Six: Powers

Herobrine and I walked down yet another long hallway. I was beginning to wonder just exactly how big was this place.
Once we got to the end of the hallway I was in this huge indoor arena shaped like a rectangle. The walls were mainly cobblestone, but the benches that went up the wall diagonally were made of spruce planks. Sand covered the floor, and I noticed that there were painted lines that went from every side with a circle in the middle. Lastly I looked up and saw that the ceiling was all glass to light the room up.
I turned to see Herobrine standing beside me as he was about to say something.
   "Here you will be testing your powers and training," He said. "Let's start by testing out the basic powers."
Herobrine teleported to the benches to give me some distance. "Let's start off with what I just did: teleportation."
   "Um, okay," I responded. "So, how do I do this exactly?"
   "I want you to focus on the middle of the arena, and how you want to get there," Herobrine instructed.
   "Um, okay. I'll give it a go," I answered.
Okay, focus on the center circle of the arena, and think of teleporting there. Should be easy.
I closed my eyes and concentrated really hard. In about five seconds after I suddenly heard a weird sound. It sounded like that noise you hear from an enderman teleporting. I opened my eyes to see small square particles swirling around me. Then I looked behind me to notice that I was farther away from the entrance than I was before. I looked at Herobrine as he was writing in a book.
"D-Did I do it?" I stuttered.
   "Well you teleported, so it wasn't so bad,"
He said while looking up from his book.
   "What do you mean?" I asked.
   "Well..." Herobrine began, jumping off the benches and walking over to me. "You only made it halfway to the middle." He pointed to the circle. I wasn't even inside it. "Also, don't close your eyes next time. None the less you teleported, and that's all I needed to know."
   "Oh," I mumbled, pretty disappointed that I didn't make it.
   "Alright Let's see if you can use a fireball," Herobrine stretched. "Watch me."
He aimed at the cobblestone wall and launched a fireball in the same direction. I stared in amazement until Herobrine snapped me out.
   "Sorry," I said. "I'm guessing I have to remember what you said earlier?"
Herobrine nodded his head.
Focusing on the wall, it took me three seconds to watch a fireball hit the wall in a loud BANG. I turned to see Herobrine with a smile on my face.
   "Okay, that was good," he noted while writing it down. Just good I thought.  "Small, but it's a great start," he added. "Now let's see how you handle flying. Aim for the ceiling and jump. It's okay if you don't reach it, but try to stay in the air for a long period of time."
Okay, flying. This should be fun. I've always wanted to fly. Focus...
with all my concentration I jumped really high... and then fell right back down. I tried again, and again, but it wasn't working. Then Herobrine circled around me to check me out for something wrong.
   "Everything seems to be okay," he said. "Maybe this power takes time."
   "Oh, okay," I sighed.
   "I didn't expect these powers to be fully functional," Herobrine reassured. "You were not born with these powers so you need lots of time to get used to them. Lores are always born with powers and know what they have from the start. Sometimes they can use them easily, and some need time."
   "I'm sorry, but you keep saying the word lore a lot. Is it what you are?" I questioned.
   "Yes, we'll talk more about it later," Herobrine answered. "Now let's see your agility. I want to see you in a bit of training."
Herobrine walked over to a pressure plate in the right corner near the entrance. "Ready?"
   "I think so," I hesitated.
He pressed the pressure plate with his foot, and I didn't really see anything follow after. Not until I heard a loud BAM from the left. It was an anvil. I heard a piston and another anvil came falling down.
"HOLY-" I screamed, as I leaped out of the way just in time before it hit the ground. "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?" I yelled.
   "Wouldn't another lore try to kill you?" He hollered over the falling anvils.
Dang it, I hate the fact that he's right. Anvil after anvil I ran past them. I had no idea how long this would go for, but I was starting to get used to it. "One more minute Ella," Herobrine said giving a heads up.
   "Great," I panted. "Hey this is actually pretty fu-"
   "ELLA WATCH OUT!"
I turned around to see an anvil fall straight down, to where my head was!
   "AAAHHH!" I screamed.
Herobrine teleported next to me, pushed me out of the way and caught the anvil.  I fell to the ground and saw Herobrine holding the anvil. Wow.
Suddenly I felt something hit my head. I picked it off and looked at it.
   "Is this... glass?" Then I cut myself. "Ow."
Herobrine noticed the glass too. It seem to be falling from the ceiling. He put the anvil down and looked up. The ceiling was completely gone. All that was left was broken glass surrounding the area of where it was.
   "Did you do that?" Herobrine questioned.
   "I-I don't know," I answered, still in shock from the anvil. "All I did was get scared and screamed."
There was a bit of a pause.
   "I think you did that," Herobrine stated. "Must have been one of the powers in the potion. Though I've never seen something like this before."
I didn't know what to say. Am I the only "lore" with this power? What should I do?
"That's enough for today," Herobrine said, a little stunned. "Let's go get lunch."

********************************************

Hey guys. I wanted to give you a heads up. But before I do that...

Holy moly that's a lot of views!

I wanted to give a special thanks to IShipPercabeth2200 for adding my OC to her book, and putting Ella out there. I wouldn't have gotten so much views without her. You rock percabeth!

And now to bring down the hype. I will be gone camping for two weeks in America. Apparently I can't work on my book there because of wifi problems, so this book won't be updated in a while. Good news is that I will be working on the chapters in paper. So I'll be ready to go by the time I come back. I'll see you all soon!!!