Chapter Twelve: The Nether

I had a very relaxing day today. I read an entire book Herobrine gave me, was in my pyjamas all day, and James did most of the daily chores for me! It was about time he stayed to work here for once. I was always the one doo g the boring stuff. It was a shame the day was over so soon.

   "Ella? Are you home?" Herobrine called from outside my door.
   "Coming!" I rushed to the door all ready and set for today.
   "You look cheerful," he noticed. "I assume you're feeling better from the testing?"
   "You bet!" I answered. "I feel way better from the testing, and I had a really relaxing day yesterday!"
   "That's great to hear," Herobrine blankly stared like usual. "Glad to see your regeneration ability is intact."
   "Regeneration?" I ask curious.
   "Every lore has it," Hero explained. "The regeneration ability helps us to heal in an outstanding rate of time. Other than lightning it's very essential to our survival."
   "Oh okay!"
   "Anyways, Herobrine changed the topic, " are you ready for today's assignment?"
   "All set!" I spun around dramatically.
   "Alright then follow me."

I followed Herobrine past the village and waved at James as we walked past him. He waved back looking nervous. He was probably worried for me. That would be a first.
   "Ella?" Herobrine got my attention.
   "Yes Hero?" I replied.
"Instead of jumping to the house I want you to train yourself with teleporting. Take your time at it, and don't rush. Just practice on it to get better."
   "Okay," I understood.
So I did what Herobrine asked of me and teleported to the house. At first I was slow and was just wasting his time, but the more teleporting I did the longer my attempts got. Eventually we finally made it to the house.
   "We made it!" I panted from energy consumption. "How did I do?"
   "Good," he answered in the most modest voice imaginable. "With more practice you will be able to teleport here in one attempt. Now come inside and get your supplies."
I sighed from his answer and walked in through the door. At the front were diamond and armour, food, water bottles, potions, and backpacks.
   "Today Ella, we're going to the Netherworld," Herobrine announced.
   "THE NETHER?" I squealed thrilled, "I've never gone there before!"
"I know," hero removed his hands from his ears. "Which is why I will accompany you. We need to collect blaze rods and powder, so we'll be spending our trip in the nether fortress. Stay close to me. You can get lost in the nether; alright."
"You got it!" I said having no clue of what he said. I was too focused on seeing the nether.
"Okay. Get suited up in the armour. I want you to wear it incase of a casualty."
"I can take care of myself!" I argued.
"Says the half lore that almost had an anvil hit her head a week ago."
"Hey that wasn't my fault!"
"Whatever you say," he sighed, "now stop complaining and put on the armour."
I grumbled and grabbed the diamond pants to slip them on. Herobrine inspected the supplies he gathered for the trip while I was getting suited up.
"Ella?" Hero asked. "Did you break this?"
As I was slipping on the diamond boots I turned to see the broken window Herobrine was asking about. The shattered glass was on the outside of the house with the shards broken all over the grass in bits and pieces.
"No," I answered unsure. "I don't remember breaking that. I just got here."
"But you did scream..." he pondered. "You finish getting ready Okay? I need to grab something."
"Okay?"
So I finished putting on the bottom armour and went to put on the chest plate. The thing was incredibly clunky and heavy. I couldn't believe Herobrine wanted me to wear that stuff! I could have died of heat stroke, but I didn't complain not a lot at least.
After slipping into the diamond chestlate I grabbed diamond helmet and placed it on my head. That was when Herobrine came back with a stack of... glass?
   "What's with the glass?" I tilted my head.
   "Remember when you broke the roof in the arena?" Herobrine reminded.
   "Oh uh...yes... I forgot about that. Should I go fix that sometime"
   "Don't bother. It's already fixed. What I mean is I'm going to bring some glass with us. Incase we want to work on that "ability" of yours."
"Okay then?" I answered a little hesitant for a weird reason.
   "Anyways," he moved on, "are you all ready to go now?"
   "Yep," I answered showing off the armour.
   "Good. Pack a bag and let's go."
Herobrine and I packed two bags full of weapons, potions, and empty jars to collect the blaze powder and rods. Herobrine placed the glass in his bag and then ushered me down the hallway. We then made our way down some stairs and right to a spruce wood door. Behind the door was a small barren room with nothing but a loud obsidian portal. I stood there a little in awe.
   "Ella, earth to Ella," Herobrine mocked as I stared into the purple gateway. "Are you coming?"
   "Ah-sorry," I chuckled in embarrassment, "ya I'm coming."
   "Stay close got it?" Herobrine reminded again.
   "Ya ya I got it," I sighed. Herobrine grabbed my wrist and tugged me into the portal. I followed along willingly, closed my eyes, and held me breath as I heard the warp of the portal grew. Limb by limb I went through. Seconds later I was all the was in and a waft Of heat slapped me in the face.