Chapter Three: Dinner

The next day I planned to get decorations for the house. I started by collecting flowers to put in pots,and plant around the area. Some of the flowers that I found were dandelions, poppies, roses, and my favourite, oxeye daisies. I also went to gather food for a garden I made on the left mountain in the back. Wheat, potatoes, and pumpkins were found in the village and planted in the garden. I also had watermelons, and beetroot seeds with me. James found them on one of his explorations a long time ago. The last thing I got were oak wood logs to craft some benches for the patio.
Once everything was collected, I headed back to decorate. As I began to plant the flowers I got the strange feeling that I was being watched. I turned around to see Herobrine standing right next to me. I fell to the ground in shock.
   "Whoa!" I hollered.
We both kind of just stared at each other. I didn't know what to say. After all that happened yesterday, I was still confused.
I got up from the ground, "Uh, hi," I calmly said. "I-Is there something that you want from me?" No response from Herobrine. "Can I get you anything?" Still no response. "Are you going to answer me or..." again, no response.
I decided to try and ignore him because he was starting to get more annoying than scary fast. However as I turned to continue my work, he tapped me on the shoulder again. He was writing on a sign. Okay, this is new I thought.
Herobrine turned the sign in my direction to show me what he wrote.
The sign said "Hi."
Well, it's not a lot, but it is progress; I thought. I had a few main questions on my mind, so I started to ask the small one.
   "I'm guessing you can understand me right?" I asked. He seemed to respond to me yesterday when he gave me the sword, but I just wanted to make sure. Herobrine nodded his head. Okay, cool. I don't have to make signs like him; I thought. I went on to the next question. "Is there a reason why you came here today?"
   Herobrine wrote on another sign,"I was curious of what you were doing." I didn't know how to take his answer. Either he wanted to watch me build a house, or this doesn't look like a house at all and he has no idea of what I'm building. I ignored the thought and asked one more question.
   "Why are you here? Is there something you want from me? Because I can get it for you if you'd like." Herobrine erased what was on the first sign and wrote something else.
"That doesn't matter at the moment, you will know sooner or later."
Um, what? What did he write? I don't understand. Why can't I know now? What are you planning? What do you want from me still? All these thoughts were in my mind. I wanted more answers, but that was all he would give me at the time so I decided not to ask again.
Herobrine was then suddenly up a tree to watch me build from a view. It made me really uncomfortable that he was looking over my shoulder, but I was too afraid to ask him to stop, so I decided to manage it.
Once I finished decorating I offered Herobrine a meal. I went inside and made some cooked chicken on a furnace that I installed earlier ago. My bed was in the bottom left corner of the house with a chest at the bottom. A door to the back leading to the dock was at the top left and a armour stand in front of it. Next to the furnace was a crafting table and a cauldron on the left and a chest full of food to the right. I had an unfinished library covering the right side of the house, and a flower pot with a oxeye daisy sitting on top. Lastly, there were windows on every other wall of the house to bring light in.
The chicken was finally done in about fifteen minutes after I put them in. I grabbed some bread out of the chest for a side and headed out. Herobrine was waiting on one of the benches at the patio. I placed the dishes of food on the table separating the two benches.
   "Here you go," I said. "It's not fancy, but it's pretty good." We were both halfway through the meal when Herobrine wrote on another sign.
   "Do you live here alone?" The sign said.
   "Most of the time, yes," I answered. "My cousin is out at the moment. I'd say he'd be back in a couple of days."
Herobrine erased what he wrote, and wrote something else.
   "Is it just you and him?"
   "Ya," I responded. "He's actually all the family I have, apparently."
   Herobrine continued to write. "What do you mean?" Shoot, why did I bring this up? I regretted.
   "Well, when I was little, my parents were off on a business trip," I began. "They were merchants heading to a new town just built. On the way there, they were killed in an ambush at night. The killer or killers were never found, but my parents were both declared dead."
I tried to force away tears as I finished up the conversation. "All the stuff was gone to; belongings, valuables, everything. I guess that's why I didn't get anything back from the incident. This locket is all I have left of them."
I pulled a gold locket out to show him.
Herobrine wrote one last time on another sign.
   "Sorry."
   "Oh it's fine," I reassured, putting the locket away. "You know, I've heard a lot of stories about you, and you seem to be way more nicer than what they say." I didn't get a response from him.
We finished our food and I put the dishes in the cauldron.  I gave Herobrine some food before he left. As Herobrine vanished out of thin air, I had the realization of what just happened. I had just invited Herobrine to dinner!