Chapter Nine: Diamonds

"You want me to collect what?" I asked yawning. I just woke up from a knock on the door. Herobrine came to give memy assignment... at six in the morning. I tried to hold back my annoyed attitude.
   "Diamonds," Herobrine repeated. "I need you to grab diamonds for me in a cave. I'm running low on them."
   "I thought my job was to collect info about lores, not do errands for you," I asked.
   "It's a simple task," Herobrine explained.
"Once the task is over I'll set you up with bigger ones. This is a test."
   Or your just being lazy. "Um, about simple," I quoted. "I've never actually been able to find diamonds on my own."
   "Well then today's your day to redeem yourself," Herobrine answered.
   "I've never been able to go deep into a cave; What makes you think I can now?" I asked.
   "You can summon lightning and shoot fireballs out of your hands. I think you can handle a little dark," he reminded.
   "Good point," I sighed. "Okay, just let me go get changed."
I went inside and got an outfit out of the chest by my bed. Of course a dress wouldn't be the right attire in a cave, so I got a black tank top and some grey leggings to put on. Then I tied my hair in a ponytail and slipped on some black boots. Lastly I got some tools. The iron sword Herobrine gave me, and an iron pickaxe.
"Okay all set," I called opening the door. "Where should I start?"
   "Follow me," Herobrine replied. I followed him to this cave past the village to the right and next to the forest. The cave was a straight drop down and was very dark. "Have fun," Herobrine said before pushing me in.
   "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait!" I tried to balance myself from falling, but it didn't do any good.
Herobrine got smaller and smaller as I descended down into the cave. I rolled around in the air struggling to not land on anything but my feet. "SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT!"
I closed my eyes for what I thought was the end, but then I felt the ground. Turns out I landed on my feet safely.
Why aren't my legs broken? That didn't hurt at all, I thought.
   "Huh, Okay then," I said to myself. "Must be part of the power thing. Alright then. Let's go find some diamonds."
As I carefully walked down the cave I placed torches everywhere; of course you know why. Because one mobsters could spawn behind me, and two I hate the dark.
I picked up some other resources along the way. There was a lot of iron, countless coal, some gold, and enough redstone dust to put in a bag.

Soon I came to this underground ravine and searched around the lava. In the corner of my eye I saw something light blue and shiny. Diamonds!
   "Yes! My first diamond!" I squealed.
Before I began mining I remembered something James told me awhile ago. He told me to always mine around the ore beforehand to make sure nothing bad was underneath. Guess I'm not that big of a noob after all I thought. After mining around and collecting the diamonds I went further into the cave to find more. I mean why would I come back with only five diamonds? Herobrine was going to want more than that.
Soon I came to this tunnel in the ravine and went in. The tunnel went further and further down until I came to a hole at the end. With the experience of falling into the cave in the first place I was confident in going down; At least until a creeper came up from behind me.
"Oh chu-," it was too late for me to react after hearing the hiss. The creeper blew up and forced me to plummet into the hole.
I landed face first on the stone, and this time it hurt, but not as much as the explosion.
"Oooooowwwwww~," I groaned as I sat up from the ground.
The hole led to a dead end. There was nothing much but more stone, a lava pit... and a zombie! It was a typical everyday zombie with one exception. There was an iron armour chest plate around it. My screams caught it's attention and and it started limping towards me. Regretting to not bring any armour, and basically asking to be bitten with what I was wearing, I put my hand in front of me while scooting back. I wasn't thinking of the sword I brought with me.
   "Shoot, shoot, shoot, wait!" I screamed.
Suddenly during the moment, lava came shooting out of the pit, and directly at the zombie. It burned to a crisp in seconds. As for me, I wasn't scalded anywhere, and I was covered in lava! "Wha-What the chunk?" I said to myself. "Wait am I like, lavaproof now or something? Where did that all come from? Did I do that? Can I control lava?"
I stood up and walked over to the lava pit. Then I reached out my hand and played around. Waving my hand up and down the lava did the exact same thing!
   "This is awesome!" I yelled. "I gotta show James and Herobrine this! After collecting more diamonds of course."
Looking in every corner of the cave I checked every crevice for a hidden diamond; nothing. Next I tried jumping up to the top of the hole since my jumps seem to be getting higher. I barely jumped high enough to pull myself up.
After walking back into the ravine I continued searching for diamonds. I found a couple more patches of them and a small amount of emeralds along the way. You have no idea how long it took to find them.
After about seven, or maybe nine hours of mining I headed back up. It took me a while to find an exit, but eventually I found some light. I climbed up and saw the village at a different angle. Turns out I came out a different cave opening.
   "Ah, there you are," Herobrine came flying out of the village.
   "You can fly?" I asked.
   "Of course," he answered.
   "Oh well speaking of powers," I said. "While I was in the cave not only did I find out that I can control lava, but I'm immune to it too!"
   "Hmm, really Now," Herobrine answered emotionless. "I didn't think the stronger powers would be usable so soon. Very good news non the less."
   I smiled, " here are the diamonds you wanted, and I found a few emeralds too."
   "Very good Ella," Herobrine congratulated. However he never showed any emotion. "Here you go." He handed me a fifth of the find.
   "Wait, Don't you need these?" I asked confused.
   "Yes," he replied. "I needed them to give you your payment. Here's you payment for today. The rest will go to the rest of the weeks pay. Anyways I'll see you tomorrow for your next assignment, meet me back at my house."
With that he flew away. I kind of just spaced out after that. Then I headed back home to put away my findings. Not before showing James though of course!

********************************************

Thank you!!!!!!!(I was a little late for this but oh well)

Thank you!!!!!!!
(I was a little late for this but oh well).