Chapter Eleven: Checkup

When I came back to Herobrine with the info of Entity 303 he told me to meet him back at the house tomorrow morning. As of that I woke up the next day and headed straight for Herobrine's house first thing. This time I took Hero's advice with jumped, and it actually saved a lot of energy.

   "Hero! I'm here!" I called after knocking on the door.
   "Come in!" He called back.
I opened the door and walked right in. Herobrine was waiting at this staircase he had in front of me, with somebody else. The woman was wearing a green shirt, grey boots and brown pants. She also had red hair, and white eyes just like Hero and I! "Ella, I would like you to meet Alexbrine," Herobrine introduced. "She's a relative of mine. I invited her over to have some tests done on you."
   "Like a doctors appointment?" I asked.
   "Whatever that would be, yes," he answered.
   "You don't know what that is?" I said surprised.
   "That isn't important right now Ella," Herobrine ordered.
   "Sorry," I apologized and turned to Alexbrine.
"Hi, it's nice to meet you Miss Alexbrine."
I held out my hand to shake her hand.
   "It's nice to meet you too," Alexbrine accepted the gesture.
   "Alexbrine, please take Ella to the infirmary," Herobrine explained. "I need to go run a few errands. I left the paper for the procedure In there."
   "No problem Herobrine," Alexbrine accepted.
   "Bye Hero!" I called as we all walked away.
Herobrine didn't reply. I pouted.
   "You better get used to it Ella," Alexbrine said. "He's not going to change any time soon."
   "You're right," I sighed.
   "Now come on. We got a checkup to get done," she smiled.
   "Right."

I followed Alexbrine into the infirmary. It wasn't too far from the front door. Alexbrine opened the door for me, so I walked in and sat on a chair. The room was small with bare walls, and the only objects inside were two chests, a bed, the chair I sat on, a brewing stand, and a table covered in papers.
   "So," I began. "What's first?"
   "I'm about to check on that," Alexbrine answered picking up a paper from the small table. There was silence followed by that as she concentrated on finding the right one. "I swear Herobrine has got to get something to sort out all these papers!" And here I thought Herobrine was a neat and tidy person I thought. "Finally." Alexbrine sighed.
Then Alexbrine picked up a pencil from the table.
   "So what's first?" I asked.
   "Well the first thing that Herobrine wants to check is your eyes," Alexbrine explained.
   "What's there to see though?" I questioned. "My eyes are just plain white."
   "That doesn't mean they stay like that forever though," Alexbrine continued to explain. "Herobrine noticed that his eyes change based on his emotions. It's very faint, but it's noticeable. That's sort of the reason why he never shows emotion in general."
   "Wow," I said stunned. "I never noticed."
   "He figured that the same thing would happen for you," Alexbrine finished.
   "Do you have that?" I asked.
   "Oh of course," she answered. "Herobrine and I are related in a way after all."
   "Okay, so what emotion should we start with then?" I asked.
   "Hmm... how about sadness," Alexbrine suggested. "Try thinking of something really sad."
   "Oh that's easy," I accepted.
I pulled out my locket from under my dress, opened it, and stared at the picture inside. It was a picture of my parents. Despite how I barely knew them because I was eight when I lost them; I still missed them.
   "Oh wow," Alexbrine perked up.
   "What is it?" I responded.
   "Your eyes," Alexbrine explained. "They just turned blue."
   "Really?" I gasped. "Let me see!"
   "Well it's a little late for that now," she sighed. "The blue just disappeared. However, I do notice that your eyes are brighter then normal... here; See for yourself."
She got a mirror out from one of the chests and held it to my face. I gazed at my eyes realizing there was a faint glow to them.
   "Oh wow!" I reacted.
   "So your eyes glow when you're happy, and a faint blue iris when sad," Alexbrine noted. "Alright then."

We continued the procedure after that moment. Alexbrine asked if I could try being mad, so I began ranting about skeletons. You gotta agree with me though that they are a pain in the ghast! They just aim at you from a tree so they don't burn up, and they're so complicated to kill! They're silent but deadly, and they show up almost anywhere!
After my little "tantrum" Alexbrine told me my eyes were giving off an aura; and they basically looked like white flames.
The last test was different from the others. Alexbrine put the paper and pencil on the table, walked out of the room, tuned off the lights, and left me sitting in the dark. I sat alone for what felt like forever, but was really only two minutes at least. Suddenly Alexbrine teleported into the room with a camera and took a picture of me. The flash was on so mainly that bright light in my eyes startled me.
   "YIPE!" I jumped; Nearly out of my seat. "What was that for?"
   "To test your fear," Alexbrine explained turning the lights back on. "The last thing I needed to do was see how you would react physically to fear. I didn't tell you so that I would get more effect from you."
   "Well... okay," I poured, still grumpy over the jumpscare. "Did anything happen though? Or was it all for nothing?"
   "Let me check..." she said scrolling through various photos in the camera. "Here we go! Hmm... I think your eyes are darker in this. I can't tell though with the lack of light around you."
   "Can I see?" I asked standing up from my chair. Alexbrine handed me the camera and I took a look at the picture. My eyes looked grey; Even with the lack of light. "They look different," I stated. "My eyes are grey, and not just from the flash of darkness. They just look grey in colour, and brightness."
   "Oh I see it now!" Alexbrine noticed looking at the picture a second time. "Welp, that's a check off the paper!"
Alexbrine picked up the paper, along with the pencil she used, and checked off yet another box.
   "Alright. Your check up is half way done!" She announced. "We just need have to see if you have any sort of weakness."
   "Oh boy," I groaned. "I actually get a weakness? I was hoping I wouldn't."
   "Nobody's invisible Ella," Alexbrine leisured. "Every lore has a weakness. Even the most powerful ones. Heck even Herobrine! Hey let's just hope your weakness isn't a dumb and easy to get material."
   "Miss Alexbrine your not helping," I glared sitting back down and slouching.
Alexbrine ignored my comment, walked out, and brought in a chest filled with random objects from outside the room. We didn't try lava because Hero, Alexbrine and I all knew I was immune to it, but we tried gold, sea lanterns, ocean monument blocks, bottled water, ender bricks, various items from the nether, and... I lost count.
   "Okay then," Alexbrine spoke after putting away the latest test item. "Let's try redstone. We'll start with dust, and make our way to blocks."
   "That sound good," I gave her consent to do so.
   Alexbrine nodded, "alright then. Let's start with holding it."
Alexbrine got out a tiny bag of redstone dust and emptied it out into her hand.
   "Hold this dust please," she asked.
Okay. This should be nothing to me. I held this stuff before. No way is this my weakne-.
Just as I was thinking the redstone dust touched my hand. Not a second later the redstone pulled my hand to the ground; Causing me to fall off my chair. Then my hand started to rapidly burn.
   "AAAAGGHH!!!" I screamed.
The burn felt like someone was branding my hand. Like a molten blaze rod stabbing it multiple times. The burn was quite surprising and unexpected, so the scream was a mix of surprise and agony.
   "Oh jeez!" Alexbrine reacted. "I got you!"
She got out the bottle of water from the earlier test and doused my hand with the rush of liquid. The water washed away all the redstone from my palm. There was a huge relief in my hand as it cooled down, but I still held my wrist.
   "WH-WHAT THE CHUNK HAPPENED?" I screamed.
   "Ella language!" Alexbrine gasped.
   "Sorry..." I apologized. "But Miss Alexbrine, how is this possible? I literally collected a bag of redstone dust to days ago with bare hands!"
   "Your weakness must have not been that strong then?" Alexbrine guessed. "Herobrine and I really don't know. This whole player transformation thing is still all so new to us. Especially since you're the second player we've ever tried this on."
   "Second one?" I questioned sitting back on my chair while still holding my wrist. "Who was the first one?"
   "Some boy who called himself a hacker," she described. "It didn't really work out though. The transformation was just too fast, and that all led to complications. He was destroyed by some girl later."
I gulped. Not because of what happened to him could happen to me, but because I knew exactly who she was talking about. If you haven't guessed by now I'm a pretty big fan of Psycho Girl. Remember Ella, he's not like that anymore; I repeated in my head.
   "Oh don't worry Ella," Alexbrine reassured. "Herobrine was more careful with transforming you."
   "Ya, of course," I answered a little hasty.
   "Okay then. Let's move on," she transitioned.

After tending to my wound with bandages, we tested the redstone on my with different techniques. Alexbrine sifted the redstone dust into a line on the ground, and asked me to walk over it. I did as she asked... and fell flat in my face. The moment was very hard to describe. I was wearing my brown slip-ons, so I didn't feel any burns like my hand did, and the dust wasn't slippery even if it looked like it. The fall was more of a trip.
I got up and asked for some tissues, because my nose was bleeding. Alexbrine got me a box and we continued on with the tests. She lit a redstone torch and placed it along the line of dust; Creating a path of bright red dust almost like hot ashes. Then she asked me to walk over the line again. It took a lot of convincing to get me to do that again. I tried to walk over the dust but there was this invisible wall in front of me. I couldn't cross the right red dust even if I tried, and Alexbrine was able to pass it like it was nothing!
In case you're wondering yes. I did slam into that invisible wall and damaged myself even more. Alexbrine has to get more tissue boxes for me.
   "Okay, I think that's about it!" She cheered checking off the last box on the paper.
   "Great," I sniffed.
I still had that bloody nose, and sore body parts all from that. Chunking. Redstone.
   "Oh wait," Alexbrine remembered. "We forgot to test you with the redstone blocks... uh, I think we should save that for Herobrine. You look awful."
   "Really? Wonder why..." I groaned with sarcasm.
   "Herobrine should be here soon anyways," Alexbrine checked the watch in her back pocket. "Come on. Let's go to the front door to greet him."
Alexbrine helped me up and towards the front door. I limped a little, but I was able to make it to the bottom stairway. We waited at the stairs for a good amount of ten minutes talking about ourselves until there was a knock on the door. Alexbrine went to go open the door and herobrine came in with a bag in hand.
   "Hi Herobrine," Alexbrine greeted. "Did you get all that you needed?"
   "Yes everything is out back," Hero answered.
He couldn't help but notice my by the stairs though. "Ella? What happened?" He asked.
   "Weaknesses..." I moaned.
   "Well..." Herobrine handed me the bag. "I hope this makes up for the rough day of testing."
   I opened the bag slowly, "cookies?"
   "I heard you liked them during one of our conversations last week," Herobrine explained.
   "Aww! Thanks Hero!" I thanked squealing.
   "You're welcome," he replied. "Now go get some rest. You need it. I'll come get you after tomorrow."
   "Okay then," I walked to the door.
   "Bye Ella!" Alexbrine called. "See you later!"
   "Bye Miss Alexbrine!" I called back.
With that I closed the door on my way out and slowly made my way home.

   "So you have the results?" Herobrine asked Alexbrine.
   "Yes. Here you go," she replied handing the check marked covered sheet of paper. "Although I missed testing her on redstone blocks, and redstone seems to be her weakness. Would you mind testing her on that another day?"
   "I will thank you," Herobrine accepted.
   "So you got all you need for the trip?" Alexbrine asked.
   "Yes," Herobrine continued to answer. "I have enough cobblestone, obsidian, and resources for the trip to the nether."

*******************************************

So so so sorry I haven't updated in so long!! It's been more than two months since the last chapter! I'm just not motivated enough to write it all on paper before I write it here, So I need votes on it. I've made this announcement twice now on my Announcement Book, But no one has given me an answer! So please go vote there! Till then I'll continue writing it on paper. Thank you for if you vote!

This has got to be the most longest, and most boring chapter I've ever wrote (this thing has 2000 words! What the freak!?)! That's pretty much the reason as to why it took so long. I am so sorry if the wait was all for nothing. I promise you though. Things will get WAY better from here. Be ready for awesome future chapters!

Oh and I hope the picture isn't too crappy. To be honest I liked it without the colour. Anyhoo I really hope you enjoyed.

Bye bye!!