Chapter Seven: Lores And Players

"How many hallways are there?" I moaned.
   "Excuse me?" Herobrine asked.
   "We keep on going down these crazy long hallways. Why are there so many?"
   He paused for a moment. "So I can install more rooms."
   "OH that makes sense!" I realized.
We walked for a little while longer until we came to a large dining room.
   "Wait here. I'm going to get food," Herobrine instructed.
After he left I looked around the dining room. It was so, gorgeous. The walls were made of spruce planks, logs and there were so many large windows on the other side of the table. To the left and right of me were giant paintings. One was a picture of a spider, and the other a skull. Under them were tables with bright flowers on top. I think they were those orchids from the swamp biomes. I looked up and noticed a large, shiny chandelier hanging from a spruce plank ceiling. However What I thought was the most beautiful was the table. It was made all out of spruce. The table cloths were all white, and in the center of it all was this beautiful boutique of roses. They really tied the place in together.
I sat down at the far left while I waited for Herobrine and the food. Soon after he walked in with two plates of baked potatoes, bread and steak.
   "Wow, the food looks great," I complemented. "So does the dining room, is it always this fancy?"
   "I change the flowers every two weeks after cleaning the fountain, but I do have it extra ready when I have company over," Herobrine replied. "I had this all done while you were asleep."
   "Aww, you did all this for me?" I said flattered.
   "Don't get any ideas. I only do this to waste time," Herobrine told me. "...And it's not like I live in a cave unlike some lores. I'm more civilized than that."
   "Oh, Speaking of lores..." I started after taking a bite of the food, "did you want to tell me more about that?"
   "Oh, yes. Hold on," Herobrine answered, taking one more bite before explaining. "Okay, so long ago, very long ago, after the creator made the world..."
   "You mean Notch?" I corrected.
   "Yes now don't interrupt," he demanded. "Now as I was saying... after Notch created the world, he began to create the animals and mobsters. As he created the mobsters, he made us lores."
   "Like, on purpose, or accidentally?" I asked.
   "How should I know? I never asked him," Herobrine told me. "Now please stop interrupting me."
   "Sorry, continue on."
   "So the reason we call ourselves lores is because you players have made stories of us from long ago. Yes I'm looking at you writer, or whoever is reading this on a device."
I had no idea of what he ment by "player", but I kept quiet so that I wouldn't upset Herobrine again until he stopped to look at me.
   "So let me figure this out. Mobsters came first, then lores, then villagers, and finally players?" I assumed.
   "Yes. Now we call your kind players because your fun to mess around with when we're bored," Herobrine explained.
   "Mhmm," I hummed, trying to sound... not offended.
   "Okay so to change the topic," Herobrine started. "All those stories you heard about me, some of them are somewhat true, but I'm done with all those things that I used to do. You could say I'm retired in a way. So when I offered you a job, I wanted help with a project."
   "You, need my help," I clarified.
   "I could have gotten anyone else for this, and you were the closest person to me, so Don't take this personally," Herbrine told me. "Anyways, my project is to organize lores. New lores keep on popping up and some of the old ones have new powers. That's where you come in. I need you to check up on lores or discover new ones for me."
   "Okay, sounds fun," I smiled.
   "I also need you to tell me the appearance of a new lore so I can classify it," Herobrine continued. "There are five categories to classify a lore into: Original, Code, Steve, Alex, and... the Questionable."
   "The Questionable?" I asked confused.
   "I don't know what they are. One is this fuzzy red thing, one is this weird green alien that can't stop dancing, another one has this mask on, and he calls himself Jason," Herobrine complained.
   "I've heard of those guys," I proclaimed. "There all characters from a video. The red guy must be Elmo from Sesame Street; a show I watched as a kid. That alien is from a video on YouTube, and Jason is from a horror movie called Friday The Thirteenth! But what are fictional characters doing in the real world as lores?"
   "We'll have to find out another time," Herobrine answered. "Thank you for explaining, I'll change the category name later."
   "So what about the other categories?" I asked.
   "Code is for the lores with numbers for names, Steves look like Steves, Alexes look like Alexes, and originals are like me. Original with no one to look like them," Herobrine explained.
   "Wait, aren't you a steve? You look like one without the eyes." I questioned.
   "I'm not a steve," Herobrine quoted. "I refuse to be one."
   "Uh, okay," I answered. I didn't know what else to say after that.
We finished lunch after the conversation. Herobrine took the plates and put them away.
   Then he asked, "would you like a tour of the house?"
   "Oh, sure," I replied.

Herobrine showed me all sorts of rooms. The rooms (other than the garden, arena, and dining room) were three kitchens, about five bathrooms, countless storage rooms, a ballroom (though I don't see any use for it), a giant staircase, five living rooms, an office, and best of all, an enormous library. I have no idea of how many bookshelves were in there. Herobrine said that he read them all somehow, so he's letting me keep whatever I find interesting. So ya, the place was huge.

After the tour Herobrine escorted me outside. I looked at the house, and it looked like one of those woodland mansions that people keep talking about, but with a little more... originality (is that a word? I think it is).
   "Just walk straight north of the house and you'll get home," Herobrine pointed.
   "Alright, sounds good. Thanks for everything Herobrine," I responded.
I turned around and Herobrine was gone. Now that I think about it Herobrine kind of acts like Batman. Silent, mysterious, and has trust issues; meaning he doesn't talk much to me much. I wish he would reply to me sometimes.

About eight agonizing miles of walking and I was home. I was actually a little sad to be leaving the house.
As I walked down the path to get back to my house something to my right caught my blank eye. It was James.
   "Ella there you are! I've been looking all over for you. Where have you been?"
Oh no.