Chapter Thirteen: Netherbrine

This is scary I thought to myself, walking down the red bricked and crumbling corridor. I noticed things bouncing about outside on the netherack. They looked like slimes but red and sizzling. I think the villagers from when I was little called them "magma blocks". They looked cute!
There wasn't much to explore. I did though find nether warts and a few chests full of rods, powder, a disk, and flint and steel! At least I'm not empty handed. I'm sure Herobrine won't be too mad now. Then again I don't think he'll be impressed either... the thoughts wandered in my head as I went deeper into the fortress. When I think about it now why did I leave Hero? Curiosity? Rebellion? To prove myself? To get a reaction from it? Was I just straight up looking for some adrenaline? I don't really remember, but either way I regretted my choice.
The more I walked down the halls the more I got antsy. There were still no wither skeletons! I didn't know where they wounded up, and I was careful at every corner with a sword in hand ready to strike, but everything was empty. It was like they all went out for a party. I was starting to think Herobrine told me about the skeletons just to scare me.
Suddenly I saw something, someone! It looked like Herobrine from afar.
"Oh hey Hero!" I called walking faster towards him. "I know you might be mad at me for leaving you, but I found some stuff! Some rods and powder like what we were here for! How do you like me-," suddenly he faced me. "Now..." that was not Herobrine.
I felt stupid. This guy resembled Herobrine a little, but from a front view he was so much different. His red shirt was torn, burnt and scorched with sharp rocks- no... netherack spiking out. That netherack climbed up his neck and covered more than half of his face. Instead of white eyes his were bright red, and that was what halted me in surprise.
"So you're Herobrine's new helper," he grinned at me, "so lovely to finally meet you." He sounded friendly, but his expression was more mischievous than welcoming. Unlike Herobrine this dude had no problem with showing emotion. He studied my eyes carefully, "I see you're already... adjusted to your newfound powers and abilities."
"H-How do you know me?" I trembled, "who are you?"
The man laughed, "are you saying Herobrine never told you about me, and took you to the Nether unknowingly? How foolish!" He calmed down suddenly. "Well I suppose I should tell you. I am Netherbrine. Watcher of the Nether. Guardian of all that live amongst this land!" He announced dramatically, "and you half mortal,
are trespassing."
My eyes widened at that last bit. Immediately I got a chill down my spine as he stepped forward. I turned around to run but was face to face, we'll face to rib cage with tall grey skeletons with iron rusted swords. So that's where all the wither skeletons went...
"What's wrong?" Netherbrine chuckled, "haven't you seen a skeleton before? Or maybe you're not accustomed to these improved mobs~."
I backed up from them and scanned for an escape route. There was only one... I ducked under the skeletons legs and crawled through them swiftly enough for them to miss swinging their swords at me. Almost tripping I picked myself up and made a break for it down the hall. I could hear bones rattling and Netherbrine's cackle behind me.
Suddenly a fireball slapped me in the shoulder. I was slammed into the crimson wall in front of me and face planted myself right in. In pain I collapsed to my knees holding my bleeding nose which caused me to shut my eyes blinded.
Netherbrine and his minions drew closer. I picked myself up again as quickly as I could and limped along the wall pinching my nose. Eventually I recovered and bolted further down the hall.
With skeletons on my tail I galloped as fast as I could and attempted to retrace my steps. Apparently I made a wrong turn though which led me to a broken area. The walls and ceiling were nonexistent along with most of the floor. Right under the fortress was rich hot lave. Sure I could survive the fall and the lava, but I'm positive Netherbrine could as well. If I fell there was no way I would escape him in the thick melted rock. The gap in front of me was giant. Too far for anyone to jump over, but not for me I hoped.
"Having trouble sweetheart?~" Netherbrine hummed for me to easily here from his distance. I spun around to see his skeletons right behind him. As I got ready to leap a few more skeletons blocked my landing area.
"Brick," I muttered under my breath. Not long a white figure floated around in the corner of my eye. A ghast. It locked its attention on me and spat a fireball in our direction. The skeletons shuffled back as the ghast prepared to fire again. I was guessing Netherbrine sent it after me judging by that smirk he wore.
I never thought something like this would happen to me. Never thought I would be running for my life in a totally different dimension full of large skeletons and ghasts led by a crazed man covered in netherack. It's crazy when I think about it now!
"Chunk it!" I growled sprinting down the collapsing floor.
"Grab her!" I heard Netherbrine. Though I didn't hear any boney feet follow behind. They must have been afraid of the ghast. "Don't just stand there grab her!" He's ticked.
I leaped up as far as I could off the ledge. The ghast spat out another fireball the just hit to jumping range. I could just feel the heat from under my armour; even if I wouldn't get burned! Man I wonder how awesome it looked while I was in the air? Probably looked like one of those action movies with cool explosions, like a Michael Bay movie or one of those movies with The Rock!
Before impact I spammed a few fireballs at the skeletons below me. I took out enough of them to clear a run way to land. Apparently though I didn't land perfectly and sprained my ankle. Wow what a graceful landing. I should have tucked and rolled...
I quickly picked myself up and limped away before the remaining skeletons could recover from my assault, and before that ghast fired at me again.
"Argh! You mobs are so useless!" Netherbrine growled. I didn't look back though and just kept limping.

The skeletons were right on my tail again. I couldn't keep limping since I felt like passing out from the nagging pain in my foot. At that moment I heard a voice. Just down the hallway I shuffled in.
"Ella where have you been?" Herobrine's voice boomed which surprised me a little. His eyes were like fire. "I told you to stay with me!"
"HELP!" I screamed for him after hearing the rattling bones grow louder.
"What in Notch's name?" He reacted to the stampede gaining up running towards it and me, "get behind me. Now." His voice was stern. I did as told and huddled behind him close. The skeletons came to a sudden halt once they noticed Herobrine in the way. He wasn't kidding when he said mobsters respected him.
"Not only did you stray away, but you managed to have all the wither skeletons to chase you?"
"It wasn't me! Honest!"
"She's not wrong Herobrine," Netherbrine hummed as he made his way to the front of the crowd, as if he wasn't made before and had things under control. "It's not her fault. You are the one that brought her here."

*******************************************

Phew! Well ain't this quite the situation Ella's got herself into!
Sorry for the delay too. The end of this book is nearly here! Soon the next books will come! I'm really cited for that!
Welp. That's about it.

Bye bye!!