10.

Again, another SUPER long chapter. Sorry!! 6196 words :P

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x 

It's been two weeks since Jasper woke up. So many things have changed. The 100 has lost a few more, including Wells. He was killed by grounders while on watch one night. Clarke's taking it pretty hard but that's natural, given their newly mended friendship. Jasper is stronger and able to walk around on his own, he's recovering quite nicely. 

The 100 has gathered some supplies and are beginning to build a fence to block the grounders out after Wells was killed. They needed protection and they needed weapons, but they didn't have much to go on. Especially now that everyone was afraid of being killed.

Over the couple weeks, Samantha has formed a few 'bonds' with people. She wouldn't call them friends, far from, but they are people she conversed with. Clarke, Charlotte, Monty, Jasper.. The only unusual person she's been talking to is Octavia Blake. For some reason after the night Jasper woke up, they put aside their differences and united. They talked about normal things. It was refreshing since usually all anyone wanted to talk about was Grounders or how much they hated The Ark. 

Samantha saw how Octavia wasn't like Bellamy, she cared about people and wasn't malicious like her brother. It was also nice because everyone Samantha talked to pissed her off, so it was a good change of pace to have a conversation with someone and not want to hit them. Speaking of hitting, while Octavia and Samantha's relationship grew it only made Bellamy even more irritable.

At this point, everyone had duties and jobs they needed to perform to live in camp. Some were hunters, some built the wall, some stayed on watch and some worked on communicating with The Ark. Most of the wristbands were already off, from the night they were exchanging them for food. Few still had them on but Samantha and Clarke were among two of those people.

Clarke and Samantha had discussed plans to go back to Mount Weather for the supplies but couldn't come up with any reasonable outcome. They had no idea what was out there and they had no weapons to defend themselves with beside some makeshift knives/spears. It was too dangerous to risk the wellbeing of their people. Eventually it would come down to no choice, but Clarke held hope something else would come along.

Leaders started to form out of the two, causing some to be jealous. Still, nobody else tried to step up. People looked up to Bellamy, Clarke and Samantha. Some even went to them for guidance. It was still chaos, but a little less than it was when they started out.

- - - -

Samantha and Monty were inside the drop ship trying to figure out how to talk to The Ark. Samantha knew some about technology and fixing things, so she wanted to help Monty in anyway possible. Her mom taught her all she knew since before Jasper's dad she worked as a mechanic.  After, they all worked on the farm station together. 

Samantha watched him carefully, leaning over his work with her eyes narrowed. "Why don't you try crossing that wire." Samantha mumbled, watching Monty concentrate on his tools and the wristband. 

Monty raised his eyes up to look at Samantha. "Yeah? That  wire?" He said sarcastically at her lack of direction. "You could actually pick up a tool and help you know, instead of adding commentary." Monty told her in a nice tone. 

"I've never actually applied my knowledge to anything important before. I learned all I know from my mom.. but we moved before I could actually try to fix  things.." Samantha trailed off, biting her bottom lip.

Monty sighed, sitting the wrist band down. "I know. I didn't mean that in a mean way. I just meant.. it could be helpful if you tried to work on a wristband."