40.

Monty was deemed someone that the group couldn't lose, so he was told to stay inside the Drop Ship while the other's hunted. Monty was in charge of communications. There was still not word from The Ark and most assumed the worst. They thought they were all dead, finally ran out of air. 

He was messing around with the components from the Exodus Ship, examining them over and over. He was trying to find any evidence of why it might've crashed. Not only to help the group but also for Jasper and Samantha. They deserved to know what happened to their mom, even if him and Jasper weren't on speaking terms. 

His fingers tinkered with the radio from the Exodus Ship, listening to an unfamiliar sound. His face scrunched up as he listened closely. Something was off, but he couldn't place his finger on what exactly it was. 

As he tried to listen, Raven busted into the drop ship was only a small nod. "Whatcha got?" She asked, noticing his facial expressions. Monty shook his head and started to play the static on the radio for her to hear. 

Raven listened to it for a minute, before slowly nodding as her lips pressed together tightly. Her face grew serious, she wasn't impressed at his finding. "Sounds like interference." She admitted blankly with a shoulder shrug. 

Monty nodded in agreeance, scrunching his eyebrows even more at the confirmation. "Yeah, but it gets weirder. When the signal hit, their nav system went nuts. They never got it back, and then.. BOOM." Monty explained, using hand gestures and all. Raven's face grew slightly worried, processing all that Monty just explained to her. Taking her silence as consent to continue, Monty said, "It was like something was jamming the signal on purpose."

Raven pressed her lips together tightly, looking down at the device in his hands. Her eyes were darting back in forth as if she was having an internal debate with herself on what to reply. "That is  weird. It also makes no sense, whatsoever." 

Monty sighed, knowing she was right. He dropped his head in despair, his hands setting the radio down. He felt defeated. So far he hadn't accomplished too much on his own. It wasn't until Raven came that he helped get communication up. Now he can't even get answers for the group when they need it the most. 

"Pull the drive-in speakers." Raven demanded, breaking him from his own thoughts, as if nothing he said mattered. Her words rang through his ears, making his head perk upward to meet her eyes. He watched her emotionless expression and grew upset, rapidly shaking his head. 

"You want to strip it?" Monty questioned, not sure he heard her right. "We'll never find out why they crashed." His tone grew defensive as he watched her sort through parts. Something seemed off about her. He never knew her really well, but he could tell when there was tension. It was a perk of being the quiet one in the groups. That, and he heard she hit Samantha. 

"We need every component we can get our hands on if we're gonna make walkies.." She said as if it was no big deal at all. Clarke's mom, Samantha and Jasper's mom and who knows whoever else were on that ship. Monty felt as if he had a duty to find out why they crashed. Raven didn't care in the slightest bit, she scanned around the ship, her eyes landing on the device that laid on the table. "..and I need the radio."

Monty let out a scoff, as he jumped up from his spot, blocking Raven from grabbing the radio. He held his hands out so they were extended to stop her advances. "No way! How are we supposed to contact the Arc?" Monty said in a slightly louder tone. He was never one to yell or cause a fight, but he was stressed and reaching a breaking point. 

Raven watched him for a minute, her eyes flickering between his, before clicking the radio on. Static just came through, no words and no answer of life still on The Ark. It was radio silence. It has been for awhile now.