19.

Samantha's eyes fluttered open slowly as a pounding sensation flooded through her skull. "Ughh.." She mumbled as her hand attempted to reach up to hold her head. A clinking noise and a tug stopped her from being able to move her arms. "What the f-"

Samantha froze, memories of what happened flashing through her brain. She was attacked. Panic began to set in and she tried to tug at her arms rapidly, noticing that they were chained to a wall above her head.

Samantha looked around quickly to examine her surroundings. "Octavia?" Samantha called out, seeing her on the ground, knocked out still. There were no chains or bounds to hold her. "Octavia, wake up!" Samantha yell whispered, unsure who would be around. It looked like they were underground in a cave or something. It was so dark and musty. 

A small groan was heard from Octavia as she sat up very slowly. Octavia grabbed gently onto her knee, seeing it was healed but still painful. Samantha watched in shock that the Grounder fixed Octavia's wound. He could've killed both of them or left them for dead in the woods. Instead he helped, it was confusing. 

"Octavia." Samantha quietly called out. The noise made Octavia jump up to her feet in fear. She was freaking out too much to even notice Samantha in the corner. As soon as she put pressure on her knee it buckled out from underneath her due to pain. Hey, hey it's me. Samantha. It's okay, you're okay." Samantha mumbled, trying to be calming. Her brain was throbbing and she felt like it was going to explode. 

Octavia slowed her heart beat when she saw it was a familiar face and not her attacker. Slowly she began to drag her body over to the wall in which Samantha was chained to. "Samantha? What happened?" Her words were groggy from just waking up. 

"A grounder took us. Can you walk?" Samantha asked, knowing there was no time for small talk. He could be back at any minute and there was no way of telling what he had planned for the two of them. One could only imagine the horrors after seeing what happened to Jasper. Especially if he kept them alive, It wouldn't be a quick death for them. 

"Yea, I think so.." Octavia mumbled, attempting to stand up again but with support of the wall. Her face scrunched in pain when she tried to apply pressure onto the hurt leg. "Let me-" Octavia twirled her head around the room in search of something to use. Her eyes landed on a large stick which would act in place of a walking cane, just like Jasper used while healing. 

It took a minute for her to make her way over, but she finally managed. It helped immensely, allowing her to walk without using the wall for support. "Good, now go." Samantha told her, her arms dangling above her head. 

"What? Are you crazy?" Octavia called out, letting out a dry scoff. "There's no way I'm leaving you. I can get something to take off the chains. Just.. give me a minute.." She mumbled, quickly walking around the room to find anything to help her friend. 

"There's no time." Samantha said, leaning her head on the cave wall. Octavia ignored her, still searching the room. This pissed off Samantha because she needed her to get to safety, help maybe even. "Octavia, go. Get help! Don't argue right now." Samantha whispered, nodding her head for reassurance. "I will be okay. Don't worry about me."

Hesitantly, Octavia nodded. Before she left, she walked over to the chained up girl and gave her a slight hug. "I'll be back for you. I promise." A large sigh ran out of Samantha's mouth as she rested her head into Octavia slightly. There were no more words exchanged before Octavia quickly left the small area.

As soon as she was out of sight, Samantha let out a long breath that she was holding. Her body slouched over, tired from everything. Even after the small amount of time she's been awake, her vision hasn't restored 100%. It has only been a couple days and the amount of times she's been hit in the head is a lot. Most likely case is a concussion or exhaustion. There's a number of possibilities honestly.