44.

Bellamy stood outside the drop ship, slowly shaking his head at the mess that was created. "Murphy, I know you can hear me!" Bellamy announced as calmly as possible through the walkie talkie. "All our ammo and food is in the middle level. You know that! You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack and I can't let that happen."

By now the sun was up and shinning. It was actually a relatively nice day out. If only there wasn't the over looking fact that Grounder's were on their way to kill them all.. and the fact Murphy had a hostage locked in the drop ship with all their weapons...Besides that- it's a beautiful day on Earth.

"Yeah, well, in case you haven't noticed.. You're not exactly in control right now." Murphy teased, shaking his head with frustration. His hand gripped the walkie talkie tightly, glancing over at Jasper. In the midst of it all, Murphy had tied Jasper's hands behind his back and put a used rag in his mouth to stop the talking.

"Come on, Murphy. You don't want to hurt Jasper. You want to hurt me.. " Bellamy muttered, taking a side glance at his approaching sister. Octavia had just heard of Jasper's situation and looked freaked, it was written all over her facial expressions. Bellamy paused, training his eyes on the drop ship doors. His heart did a tiny sputter, knowing his sister wouldn't like the words that were about to leave his mouth, but it didn't stop him. "So what do you say, Murphy? How about you trade him for me?"

As soon as those words left his lips, Octavia rushed over to her brother's side. "No!! Bellamy!" She protested loudly, grabbing onto his jacket sleeve to try and get his attention.

Without giving her the satisfaction of a glance, Bellamy spoke with authority laced in his voice. His words were slow and precise. "All you have to do is let him go, I'll take his place." There were no pauses, no regret, as those simply words rang silence over the radio. He knew he needed to do this, there was no doubt in his mind. Jasper was in there and he couldn't leave him in danger. Jasper was his people, good people.

It was silent for a few moments, allowing Octavia to step in front of her brother's view in order to force his eye contact. "Bell.." She whispered, the silence deafening. Secretly, Octavia hoped Murphy just wouldn't answer. Maybe he'd open the doors and surrender. It was a false sense of hope, there really shouldn't have been any there at all.. For it was Murphy they were talking about.

"How?" Murphy asked quietly.

Octavia's eyes squeezed shut tightly, her chest becoming a ball of knots. "Bellamy, if you do this, he'll kill you!" She exclaimed loudly, not trying to hide any of her emotions. "Bellamy, please.." She practically begged, searching back and forth between his eyes. She couldn't lose him, no matter how much of a pain in the ass he was. He was her only family and she needed him. "Bell."

"If I don't, he'll kill Jasper." Bellamy told her quickly, gently gripping her arm in response. His eyes stared into hers, giving her a look that begged her to understand. And she did, she understood completely- but she didn't like it.

Octavia didn't reassure him with a nod, instead she took a small step backwards. This prompted Bellamy to reply to Murphy. "Simple." Bellamy began as he returned to the walkie talkie, forcing his face to be emotionless. "You open the door, I walk in..he walks out."

It was silent for another few seconds, Bellamy's heart racing with anticipation. He hoped for the best, which would be Murphy accepting the trade. There was no solid plan after that, besides helping Jasper out of dangers way. That was the priority right now, the only thing he trained his mind on.

Well.. That, and the fact that he had Raven looking for a way into the Drop Ship from underneath. She was looking for any damage, any holes, really anything to help get in the area. She was his escape plan. For once, he was putting his trust into someone else. His life was about to be in Raven's hands, if Murphy accepted.