14.

Samantha sat there, staring into the abyss. Her eyes held no tears, they were blank and glazed over. Charlotte, a little kid, just jumped off a cliff because of Murphy. Her eyes couldn't leave the spot where she last saw her. After holding on for a few minutes, Bellamy gently let go of Samantha and stood up. He stared at her back before turning his gaze towards Murphy. Once they locked eyes, that was all it took to set Bellamy off into a rage. 

"Bellamy.." Was all Murphy could say before Bellamy was on top of him beating the shit out of him. Punch after punch was thrown before Finn yanked Bellamy off. If it wasn't for Finn, Bellamy wouldn't beat the life out of Murphy and killed him. 

"He deserves to die!" Bellamy screeched, spit flying from his mouth with rage. He was beyond rules and beyond talking. He wanted revenge and justice now. Finn held onto Bellamy, in fear that he would take off towards Murphy again. Bellamy roughly yanked his arm out of Finn's grasp, taking a few steps back. 

Clarke stepped forward, gently placing a hand on Bellamy's arm to try and get him to relax. As she looked up at him, tears began to fall down her cheeks. She didn't even know Charlotte well and cared more about her than some people. "No." Clarke began, "We don't decide who lives and dies. Not down here."

Bellamy's eyes grew wide as he shook his head ferociously. "So help me God, if you say the people have a right to decide-" Bellamy began, letting out a dry scoff. He had lost it. Nobody had seen him act this way before, not to this extent at leadt. He was having a mental snap and it was scary. So scary that Murphy hadn't moved from the spot that Bellamy had beaten him up in. 

Clarke was quick to step in front of Bellamy now, staring up at him as she waited for eye contact. Her voice was confident but sad. "No, I was wrong before, okay? You were right. Sometimes it's dangerous to tell people the truth." Bellamy glanced down and looked at Clarke for a split second before he couldn't handle the eye contact. "But if we are going to survive down here, we can't just live by 'whatever the hell we want '. We need rules." Clarke said, trying to get through Bellamy's walls. 

"And who makes those rules, huh? You? " Bellamy asked harshly, rubbing his hand over his eyes to try and focus. His chest puffed up and down, attempting to maintain a more regular breathing pattern. He was furious and if Samantha wasn't so stunned in this moment, she might be scared of him- which says a lot because she is rarely afraid of people. 

"For now, we make the rules, okay? You me and Samantha." Clarke said, gesturing at the girl still by the edge of the cliff. Samantha hadn't averted her eyes from the dark, she was lost in her mind. Yes, she was listening but wasn't processing anything. Her mind felt blank, like she was in a sick movie. She hoped it would rewind and they could try again, go down a better path that didn't resolve in death and destruction.

Bellamy couldn't pull himself together to look over at Samantha as Clarke motioned towards her. His eyes were glued ahead at anything but someone's eyes contact. The woods were silent. It would've been peaceful if the circumstances were different. Clarke and Finn both stood to the side, watching Samantha carefully. Right now she was a wild card, per usual. 

Bellamy noticed them watching her and turned his head ever so slightly over his shoulder to look at her. His eyes never followed his head movement though. He still couldn't bring himself to see her, he felt weird. He almost felt sorry for her. 

Giving up, he turned his back on Samantha to look down at Murphy. "So what then? We just take him back to camp and pretend like it never happened?" Bellamy asked as he glared at the evil boy on the ground. Murphy still hadn't gotten up, he just laid on his back as he shook his head back and forth in a plea. 

"We can't just bring him back." Finn mumbled, feeling ashamed that he even said that. He didn't want anyone to die or get to hurt, but Murphy crossed a line.