9.

The sun was now shining in on them from outside cave, causing Samantha's eyes to slowly open. Bellamy was already up and getting Charlotte up as well. "You going to sleep all day?" He asked Samantha, walking out of the cave. "We're leaving, let's go." Back to his normal ass self.

The three of them made their way out of the cave, careful for anymore fog. It was clear skies and air, no sign of danger. Bellamy called for the others of the hunting party but nobody answered right away. "Jones?" He yelled out, finally getting a reply. They headed over to the shouts of the group and began discussing what happened. "Where's Atom?" Bellamy asked. Samantha's heart dropped when the others didn't respond. They lost someone? 

The group searched the woods for the boy, hoping to find him alive and well. They all split up to cover more ground.. Charlotte and Samantha went together. The pair were beginning to walk towards camp when Samantha stopped them. "Hey, uh, I think we should go this way.." She told Charlotte, following a hunch she had.

Charlotte didn't argue, instead she followed closely beside her friend. Samantha's heart raced as she backtracked to the scene of yesterday. What if Atom was the boy who pulled her down? He could've been the one she assumed got to safety before her.

Samantha stopped in her tracks as she glanced at the ground. She saw the tree stump that he tripped on and the area in which they had fallen down together. "This way.." Samantha muttered, following some foot prints. 

Coming up to a small clearing of woods, she stopped and her heart sank. Samantha was speechless as Charlotte screamed out loud, not stopping. She just kept screaming, so Samantha quickly hugged her head tightly to make her look away from the sight. Charlotte's head was buried into Samantha's stomach, sobbing. It was Atom all blistered and sick, laying on the ground right where Samantha had expected. He was still alive it looked like, but his eyes were burned white. He struggled to breathe even.

Samantha couldn't tear her eyes away from the boy. She never even bothered to learn his name until now but she knew for a fact this was the same boy who reached out for help when they were running. She assumed he had made it to the group with the other boys, but..

Bellamy rounded the corner, seeing Atom on the ground. "Son of a bitch. Atom? " He knelt by the dying boy's side, guilt flooding over him. Samantha slowly released Charlotte once her screaming stopped, walking over and standing behind Bellamy. 

Atom was trying to say something but the words got caught in his throat. He managed to make out the words, "Kill me." He repeated the words over and over and over. Samantha closed her eyes shut tightly, shaking her head as she ran her fingers through her tangled long brown hair. Her hands stopped, resting on her head as she just stared at the boy in front of her. Bellamy's eyes stared at Atom, not knowing what to do in the moment. 

The rest of the group ran up shortly after Bellamy, nobody knowing what to say. Samantha was frozen in place. She had no words for once. This was all too surreal. 

After a minute, Bellamy stood up from his spot on the ground. He glanced to his side as he saw Charlotte walking over to him. When she reached him she slipped a knife into Bellamy's hands, nodding at him. "Don't be afraid." She told him, hinting for him to kill Atom.

Samantha watched Charlotte in shock, her jaw dropping open. She didn't have time to process it before Bellamy's voice spoke up. 

"Go back to camp." He told the group, never looking away from Atom. The boys muttered some words under their breathe before all walking away. "Charlotte, you too." Bellamy added, seeing out of the corner of his eye that she wasn't moving. It took a moment but she finally walked away and headed towards camp. Samantha was still in the same spot, not able to move.